Did nothing for my sunspots

Posted by Springtime on Apr 20, 2015

I purchased this to lighten up my sunspots. The manufacturer recommends to try the 5% first before the 10%. I have been using Reviva 5% glycolic acid cream for at least two months but didn't see too much difference from my skin. I like the natural ingredients but no benefits. I'll move on to the 10% now.

Good product but not right for me

Posted by Reviewer2754994 on Aug 28, 2011

I ordered the cleanser, toner, and night cream of this variety. As stated, it will work for mature skin. I'm 27, so I was borderline in terms of the maturity in my skin. I find it to be too strong for my skin though, may be my skin is not mature enough as I thought. After using it for a week my skin began to clear up, and whitens. I got great compliments but in the second week I felt that it started to burn and my skin became quite sensitive to it. When I get a pimple, it is not the usual white head or bumps. The pimples are inflamed and pink in color and that hurts like crazy. So buy this with caution. But I do think that it does what it says. Try your luck if you think you have sun damaged and mature skin, because it does really clear it right up. I would definitely use it again but with caution as I did love the result (perhaps will use it a couple days a month). PS: I since gave it to mom, and she loves this product.

Stings, but nice effect

Posted by 5448744892371643467 on Dec 10, 2012

To strong for sensitive, reactive, dry skin. Works fine for à man with thicker, combination skin. It stings slightly even to his face.

Not for my sensitive skin!

Posted by Thejude on Aug 27, 2012

I know not everyone tolerates glycolic acid well, and I guess I am one of those people. I used it for a week, only at night, and immediately had small little bumps on my upper lip (a sign of an allergic reaction for me). In other areas it did seem to help heal acne more quickly, and exfoliate. I might try it every other day and see what happens.

Not strong enough

Posted by Umbridge on Nov 04, 2012

I really wanted to like this, so I could chuck out my more expensive (and more toxic) creams. However, it really didn't do much for my skin. It seems a little smoother the day after, but the effect is only temporary, and over time it didn't make a big difference to discolouration or skin texture.

Too strong for sensitive skin

Posted by 4807609020911093263 on Nov 04, 2015

I used this cream for a couple of nights and my sensitive skin became red and irritated so I stopped. Now I just use it as a face mask for around 10 minutes once a week. After 10 minutes I wash it off carefully, this works for me, my face is fresh and nice afterwards.

Not impressed

Posted by 5678741701061308491 on Sep 19, 2016

stopped using it after a couple of times.

Glycolic Cream 5%

Posted by Reviewer2503490 on May 08, 2010

Im currently finding this very drying. I have been using for 2 weeks. Thinking my skin will become accustom to it eventually-we shall see.

I can't say for sure

Posted by 4624196139096050267 on Sep 21, 2016

Bought for a friend. She has normal oily skin. It is burning on her skin.. I myself am using 10% but not burning for me. But i do have really stubborn and thicker skin..

Not for oily or combination skin

Posted by 4952397907785492249 on Nov 21, 2015

I made the mistake of buying a product I already had a few doubts about concerning my skin type. While it smells wonderful, has some good ingredients and glides on smoothly, all it did for me was encourage acne. Even a very thin layer would make my face and neck feel super greasy. Don't use this if you have oily or combination skin (gels or serums work better). This is better suited for dry skin types.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »