July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Sea Tangle Noodle Company, Kelp Noodles, 12 oz (340 g)

Great for low carb

Posted by 5217108906628545137 on Aug 06, 2012

These work best with a generous amount of sauce. I soak them in water and a little bit of vinegar or lemon juice for ten minutes or more, then rinse and soak them in the sauce I'm using for at least twenty minutes. They lose the rubbery with slight crunch texture and just seem like glass noodles. I've used peanut sauce and vegetables with great success. Helps you keep sanity when you have to decrease carbohydrates.

Great alternative for Raw foodies.

Posted by Chocolate on Jul 01, 2012

If you are a Raw foodie and you are really missing your favorite Pastas these Sea Tangles are a great Alternative. ***** VERY IMPORTANT***** The key with these is to soak them or let them sit in the sauce you are making for a while. This will soften them up and give them a real pasta like texture. For example, We (my love and I) make Raw Fettuccine Alfanzo, its like Alfredo but with a special touch. We blend up some cashews with garlic, onion, pine nuts, olive oil, basil, whatever else we feel like and we pour it on these noodles and let them sit in the sauce for about an hour prior to consumption. Delicious! Oh yeah and before you Soak them, strain and rinse them too. Supposedly they contain trace minerals. I believe it true, coming from Mother Ocean and all. Have a wonderful day. Hallelujah!

Great raw food

Posted by eatingclean on Feb 26, 2014

While I don't use this as noodle substitute because it is so crunchy, I love using this in the peanut miso kelp noodles recipe included on the packaging! FYI I use it with PB2 peanut butter and Eden Food's Genmai Miso

Ok

Posted by 5362572640403611224 on Aug 17, 2013

Enjoyed my first pack of these, the texture is somewhat acquired. The second packet I bought I had to throw away as they were yellow inside instead of clear and they smelt weird.

Stomach upset

Posted by Reviewer1896114 on Jun 27, 2012

These were a disappointment after reading about them on raw food blogs. Gross texture and I wasn't able to digest them!