Sea Tangle Noodle Company, Kelp Noodles, 12 oz (340 g)

***18 calories per package*** and everyone enjoyed them!

Posted by WildSweetVermont on Jul 21, 2012

I'm trying to eat more paleo or primal food, and in any case I don't eat wheat/gluten noodles and try to cut down on carbs. I was excited to get kelp into my diet in yet another form, but I didn't have high hopes for taste and mouth-feel for these noodles. It turns out I didn't need to worry. Check out other reviews for a bunch of different takes on how to prepare them. I soaked them for a while in water with some lemon as some reviewers suggested. They were still a bit hard as I didn't want to oversoak them to mush, but when I added them to hot cooked Vietnamese chicken and veggies the consistency was perfect, just a little al dente. I thought that microwaving leftovers might turn them to hot jelly, but they kept their form and consistency quite well. Full of happy surprises! :)

Kelp Noodles

Posted by Reviewer1591535 on Apr 29, 2012

I couldn't wait to try these so that I could post my review. Much better than expected. Worked great with a simple marinara sauce; I added a seafood mix consisting of shrimp, scallops, calamari and simmered all for about 20 minutes. Noodles were softer than expected and absorbed the flavor nicely. Next time I may try a pesto. Very filling. Very pleasant. Much better than shiritake noodles, by far. Thank you. I will definitely be ordering more and experimenting with these, utilizing lots of different food groups!

Life saver

Posted by Reviewer2906085 on May 04, 2012

I really enjoy these, much better texture than gooey shirataki. I wouldn't eat these plain though, but they're great and crunchy addition to your sauces etc. savory dishes.

Love these, very god for quick low-cal meals

Posted by Reviewer1420562 on May 13, 2012

These noodles have become a staple in my fridge, I just rinse and add chopeed vegetables and sauce for a quick and delicious raw meal.

Super fun

Posted by Reviewer1739184 on May 13, 2012

Easy to prepare, no calories, noodles have no specific taste, so it all depends on the sauce u make.