Recommend Biotics Cu-Zyme instead

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Dec 02, 2013

Copper works quickly - taking 3mg for one to two weeks, or less, is generally all that's needed to normalise a copper deficiency. If your health issue doesn't begin to resolve in that time - suggests the cause is unlikely to be copper. I've tried about 7 or 8 of the ones available from here and prefer Cu-Zyme - it definitely works, with no nasty side effects (e.g. stomach upset). I find all mineral-glycine chelates give me bad headaches and cause me to feel awful (regardless of brand/mineral) - gluconate never does (glycine is a neurotransmitter antagonist, thus glycine amino chelates won't be suitable for everyone - another example are those on a low purine diet). I didn't find succinate effective at all. Because Cu-Zyme doesn't cause stomach upset, the need to watch what you take it with is perhaps less important. If you do find it a problem, avoid taking copper with low pH food/drink. Copper is best taken on it's own - avoid taking with other supplements. The following either deplete/need copper, thus can help manipulate levels up (by reducing/avoiding) or down (by taking more of), depending on your requirements: vit C, B6, sulfur, calcium, magnesium, molybdenum, boron, zinc, dairy (penicillium/penicillamine chelates copper). If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Good Product

Posted by run4bear on Jul 01, 2012

I feel I need a small amount of copper. This is chelated and Solgar has the wisdom to put their products in a dark container for longer life and less chance of product deterioration.

Great product.

Posted by 5126397720664577513 on Oct 28, 2014

Been using for about a year. .excellent

Solgar Chelated Copper, 100 tablets

Posted by 5462534256399732039 on Dec 30, 2015

Copper is another thing missing in our soil and needed for the uptake of Selenium. I am feeling much better in all respects taking these two together, plus Zinc.

Shelated Copper

Posted by 5178524294264138316 on Feb 12, 2016

Not recommended for anyone unless they've been resident of Virginia for more than 7 years. I love the product. But, it's not recommended if you don't have insurance to supplement it's natural effects. I was exposed to yellow fever and it helped. I lived in a very rural red neck part of VA.

gave me stomach pain

Posted by 5456958116681286886 on May 02, 2016

This product gave me stomach pain and nausea. Hope iherb start selling copper citrate like BioCitrate Copper 2 mg, made by solaray. Amino acid chelate doesn't work fork for me.

great

Posted by 5687143057560693722 on Apr 07, 2016

This product is really beautiful