Solgar, Gentle Iron, 25 mg, 180 Veggie Caps

Run down feeling

Posted by Reviewer1056499 on Dec 24, 2008

Went for my annual physical and my doctor noticed my hairline thinning. Runs in my family however, he said that can be caused by low iron. Also if you are the coldest one in the room, possibly you need iron. Started taking this and feel much better.

Great supplement that doesn't muck up your digestive system.

Posted by Reviewer1195136 on Sep 18, 2008

I've been testing my ferritin level, and this has done a great job of raising it. Works better if you take it on an empty stomach with a small dose of Vitamin C (not Ester-C, the calcium inhibits absorption).

Truly Gentle

Posted by Reviewer3235344 on Jan 05, 2010

Since due to my anemia I must take 3 pills a day I've tried a few brands and I prefer these iron pills over all others as they do not upset my stomach or cause constipation. These were recommended by my doctor.

A Life Saver

Posted by Reviewer2640032 on Dec 12, 2008

I had been severely anemic for nearly three years while in recovery from internal bleeding and I was too weak to work. I had tried many other iron supplements including prescription iron that caused serious constipation but my anemia persisted. After only three months taking Solgar Gentle Iron, my anemia was cured and I was able to return to work. Sogar Gentle Iron was easy to absorb and maintained regularity. It saved my life. As a vegetarian, I take Solgar Gentle Iron regularly along with Vitamin B12 and I have great energy, great blood counts and I even donate blood regularly.

great iron supplement!

Posted by Reviewer2368568 on Jan 27, 2010

I had stomach surgery, and because of this I have trouble absorbing iron. This iron is the exception, since taking these, my iron count throug blood tests has doubled with no tummy trouble. I highly recommend this brand. :o)