Truly Gentle

Posted by Reviewer3235344 on Jan 05, 2010

Since due to my anemia I must take 3 pills a day I've tried a few brands and I prefer these iron pills over all others as they do not upset my stomach or cause constipation. These were recommended by my doctor.

Run down feeling

Posted by Reviewer1056499 on Dec 24, 2008

Went for my annual physical and my doctor noticed my hairline thinning. Runs in my family however, he said that can be caused by low iron. Also if you are the coldest one in the room, possibly you need iron. Started taking this and feel much better.

Great supplement that doesn't muck up your digestive system.

Posted by Reviewer1195136 on Sep 18, 2008

I've been testing my ferritin level, and this has done a great job of raising it. Works better if you take it on an empty stomach with a small dose of Vitamin C (not Ester-C, the calcium inhibits absorption).

A Life Saver

Posted by Reviewer2640032 on Dec 12, 2008

I had been severely anemic for nearly three years while in recovery from internal bleeding and I was too weak to work. I had tried many other iron supplements including prescription iron that caused serious constipation but my anemia persisted. After only three months taking Solgar Gentle Iron, my anemia was cured and I was able to return to work. Sogar Gentle Iron was easy to absorb and maintained regularity. It saved my life. As a vegetarian, I take Solgar Gentle Iron regularly along with Vitamin B12 and I have great energy, great blood counts and I even donate blood regularly.

great iron supplement!

Posted by Reviewer2368568 on Jan 27, 2010

I had stomach surgery, and because of this I have trouble absorbing iron. This iron is the exception, since taking these, my iron count throug blood tests has doubled with no tummy trouble. I highly recommend this brand. :o)

is working to combat anemia

Posted by Reviewer2336876 on Oct 01, 2010

I have severe anemia due to kidneys starting to fail, and I started taking this 6 weeks ago, and already my blood counts are starting to go up. I take 300 mgs of it, by direction of my nephrologist, and doesn't even cause any constipation or stomach problems even at this huge dose. He says I will have to take it for about 6 months to see all the results we are looking for, and since I can't do iron transfusions, this is my only option. Thanks for such a great product!

My favorite Iron supplement!

Posted by Reviewer2002285 on Jan 08, 2009

Was recommended by my naturopathic physician. Never caused me any upset stomach or constipation, even on an empty stomach. Helped increase my ferritin go the recommended range.

The BEST iron

Posted by Reviewer3342486 on Aug 09, 2009

This iron put me on the road to recovery from profound anemia. It's chelated form works quickly and causes zero stomach upset/distress.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer1706966 on Dec 22, 2010

I had already tried another brand (BlueBonnet) which is also iron bisglycinate. Both are of excellent quality. I started taking iron because I'm hypothyroid and my ferritin levels were on the low side. My blood tests show an increase since then, and I can confirm it works because the fatigue has decreased and I no longer feel like fainting when running.

Gentle Iron

Posted by Reviewer3241101 on Feb 27, 2009

My doctor said I had to get onto an iron supplement for anemia. I had tried other products but they upset my stomach and caused constipation. This product has me feeling much better with no bad side effects. I love the fact that it is vegan. I'm taking three a day but will soon be able to take fewer.