Solgar, Natural Vitamin D3, 10,000 IU, 120 Softgels

Great product!!!!!!!

Posted by Healingbyrosie on Aug 18, 2012

I really am so glad I found out about this product! I first heard about it from Mikes Adams (Natural News) who said he took one daily. It is really SUCH good value and a bottle lasts forever. You only need to take one capsule per day and you get a huge amount of vitamin d. The recommended dose per day is a lot less but it's not really truthful and I think it more reflects the deception that goes on in the health/pharmaceutical industries. Vitamin D is a hormone and we should be getting LOTS of it. I personally have felt amazing taking this and whereas I used to suffer seasonal effective disorder I haven't even had a hint of that since I started taking it. Would highly recommend!!!

Theo - the Netherlands - Great product!!

Posted by Reviewer2909290 on Oct 29, 2012

I have been taking these soft gels for a while now and I can confirm that this vitamin D really does the job. Because of poor health I have to let my blood check every period of time and I can say that the blood works don`t lie!! My vitamin D levels are at 125!! If you consider where I’m from (the Netherlands) that is pretty high! My medication does not allow me to get much sunlight, because this is dangerous for me (increased risk of skin cancer), so my increase comes almost from these vitamin D soft gels alone, pretty amazing! :)

Love the high IU softgels but not the missing extras the help the D Metabolize

Posted by 5626155832122691949 on Sep 16, 2012

I was excited to find such a large dose of Vitamin D in a single small softgel. Recommended doses for adults is between 10,000 and 15,000 IU's/day by Dr Cannell of the vitamin D council. But I will be returning the three out of 4 unopened bottles I purchased. After receiving the order, opening the first bottle and taking the softgells for a few days I became aware of the recommendation from the vitamin D council. I also researched further and found out that certain amounts of Boron, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin K2 and zinc are needed for any vitamin D supplements to be fully metabolized in your body and for most of it to go to your bones and not mostly be absorbed into the soft tissue. It is too bad that most vitamin D supplements do not contain anything other than the vitamin D itself. I did not want to spend more money buying all the additional supplements needed. I liked the idea of just taking the one supplement to get my vitamin D and that is why I was originally attracted to the 10,000 IU single does of the Solgar softgels. I ordered a different bran of vitamin D that has all the other supplement needed added in a single capsule. I do however have to take two caps because the strength of one cap is only 5000 IU's but that is fine since that is all I have to take to get my needed vitamin D for the day. Bio Tech and Purity Products make a vitamin D that has all the additional supplements needed for metabolization in their D caps. Unfortunately, iHerb does not carry either of those brands, I wish they would though.

Very good product.

Posted by Reviewer3224675 on Apr 10, 2012

It is urgently to take it, to avoid to get a cancer.

Spectacular

Posted by Reviewer2224762 on Feb 14, 2012

Supplement that everyone should have! Increased energy and better overall health among other benefits. A must have for anyone looking to become healthier. The 10,000 IU dosage is just what the doctor ordered.