More complete than most but still need to add supplements

Posted by NaturalMum on May 16, 2013

What I really like about this product is that it has decent amounts of most vitamins and even dares to go over the lowly RDA's with some nutrients. Another plus is that unlike so many other prenatals, which maddeningly use Pre-formed vitamin A which is well known to potentially cause birth defects, it uses beta-carotene as its vitamin A source which is safe. I also like not having to take an extra calcium supplement although that comes at the price of needing to take 4 tablets a day. However I still supplement B, C, D and E as the levels are below what works for me personally. I would not supplement the vitamin D except this supplement uses D2 instead of the more bioavailable form D3 - cholecalciferol. This is however the closest to complete prenatal with a reasonable price tag that I have found so far. Now that I am suffering quite bad heartburn I am tasting the tablet coming up and it is not nice but I really dont know that I can blame the tablet for this since this happens with anything I consume. Please click 'yes' if you found this helpful and click my NaturalMum link above for more reviews on natural beauty products, vitamins and supplements.

Best Vitamins - EVER!

Posted by Reviewer1856477 on Apr 29, 2009

I absolutely LOVE these vitamins. I am so pleased with Solgar's quality! Prenatal Nutrients don't contain herbs like some natural vitamins do (my doctor is very concerned about certain herbs in prenatals). I also appreciate the amino acids and the full day's dose of calcium. I have never felt better than I have since I started taking these. My energy is much higher. I started taking them a few months before I got pregnant, will keep taking them through nursing, and will probably continue to take them after that because of how great they are!

I really like Solgar Prenatal Nutrients

Posted by Reviewer2469008 on Dec 08, 2010

I really like Solgar Prenatal Nutrients. You take 4 tablets per day with meals, so the dose is low. The benefit is that it doesn't upset the stomach. I was able to take them when pregnant even though I was sick most of the 9 months, and now I take them as my multi vitimin while breast-feeding. I think they are high-quality, and I recommend them to women who are pregnant, want to get pregnant, or are breast-feeding moms.

100%

Posted by Reviewer2241127 on Jul 07, 2012

I think these are great vitamins because, unlike many other prenatals, they contain 100% of RDA for all the vitamins and minerals you need. Other vitamins might have 300% - 600% of your RDA (especially of the B vitamins), and that is hard for me (and my bladder)to tolerate. So the amount in these vitamins is good, and the fact that you can spread out the 4 over several meals if you need to. I also like that the vitamin A is all Beta Carotene, it confuses me how close to the upper limit of Vitamin A many of the other brands contain. These are also easy to swallow.

The BEST Vitamins for Prenatal and Breast-Feeding Moms!

Posted by 4663755393093875298 on Jul 29, 2014

These vitamins are fantastic! I took these during my first and second pregnancies and a year afterwards while breastfeeding my first and now with my second baby. Before my first pregnancy, compared ingredients and RDA's and these came out on top. I again did another comparison this pregnancy and they're still the best I have found. My children are happy and healthy and so am I, and I'm an older mom who had 2 fertility miracle babies. Solar products are high quality and I feel great on these vitamins. Thanks iHerb for carrying them and shipping so promptly!

Odd colour change, but good product

Posted by Reviewer1348197 on Jan 03, 2013

This is good product. I bought these from local store first time (60 tablets) and I was satisfied. Only thing that I wonder is the colour of the tablets. In my 60 tablets bottle these were brown but in this 240 tablets bottle I purchased from here these are purple!

I like them :)

Posted by 4963279444183123189 on Jun 24, 2013

Not the best but they are fine for me :)

Everything you need!

Posted by Reviewer2645429 on Apr 13, 2013

Everything a pregnant or lactating women needs! I do take 2 tablets a day because this is the recommended serving size in the Netherlands. Product is much cheaper at iherb!

Energizing nutrients!

Posted by 5554842030073001711 on Sep 02, 2012

After a week of taking this product, I noticed I become a bit more "alive" - not that sleepy and tired at evenings, less head-ache during early wake-ups.

좋아요~

Posted by Reviewer1494187 on Jul 15, 2013

둘째 임신했을때부터 지금 완모중인데 꾸준히 먹고있어요. 특히 칼슘이 많이 들어있어 마음에 드네요. 4알씩 먹는게 첨엔 부담되지만 먹다보면 먹을만해요. 어지러운것도 많이 좋아지고... 솔가라서 믿고 단유할때까지 먹으려구요..