July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Source Naturals, BioPerine, 10 mg, 120 Tablets

4 out of 5 based on 57 reviews

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Bioperine is basically 95% extracted piperine from black pepper. Different studies have shown that bioperine can increase nutrient absorption by increasing our body’s thermogensis. However, the studies limit the test nutrients to vitamins, minerals, a few herbs, a few antioxidant and some amino acids so it’s hard to tell if it works for other untested supplements (they only show those that works, not those which didn’t). As suming that it works with all nutrients and herbs, this will be a good product to add especially if you are taking a lot of different supplements. You get more nutrients without increasing dosage or you can save by reducing the dosage since you are absorbing. The tablets are round, very small and easy to swallow. However, this product also contains a lot of junk like calcium (probably from the dibasic calcium phosphate since I am not sure if it is even absorbable and flow agents like microcrystalline cellulose or magnesium stearate which actually inhibits nutrient absorption! Pricewise, this is very cheap and can easily last 2 months (2 tablets daily). Unfortunately, this is also the only product with Bioperine as standalone. Personally, it feels like it does helps increase absorption though not as much as expected. Check out my page for more reviews!

Efficient though .... take care

Posted by Reviewer1083073 on Nov 17, 2010

The first day I took Bioperine I in the morning, with my vitamins and with my treatment (designed for regulate my heart beats). My pulses decreased falling from 60 to 48. SO ... What I'm saying here is there was a side effect because my treatment was more efficient and every one who's taking piperine extract should be aware of that. And obviously, Bioperine is increasing bio availibility, and here's a proof it's working on a larger scale. As for a secondary benefit, I'm taking now half a pill of my treatment and it seems to be working properly. So just take care and be aware it could happen for you on molecules you're taking for your desease, not only vitamins are concerned here. Bioperine is doing exactly what it's designed for, perhaps too much better, that's why I rated 5 stars.

Fantastic!

Posted by cjpainter on Nov 29, 2011

I have been suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for almost 11 years now. I thought that I had actually got over it a few years ago, but I have always felt exhausted. After taking these Bioperine, along with my other supplements, I have a new lease on life. I know that it's a bit of a cliche, but I can't express how much better I feel. They work!

Great absoprtion !

Posted by vinetu28 on Aug 31, 2012

BioPerine has been shown in clinical trials to increase absoprtion of several nutrients including co-enzyme Q10, selenium, curcumin, vitamin B6 and Vitamin C. Piperine has also been shown to help with thermogenesis, which is the metabolic process that generates energy in the human body, a key factor in maintaining weight loss. Piperine has been shown to help with fat metabolism and be able to accelerate energy metabolism in the body. In the clinical trials1: Serum levels of coenzyme Q10 increased with 14 days supplementation of BioPerine - Coenzyme Q10 has been studied extensively with benefits shown for heart health, radiation injury, Parkinsons and other health issues. Bioavailability of curcumin was increased 2000% when consumed with BioPerine - Curcumin is a popular spice which has also been studied extensively for its possible antitumour6 and antioxidant7 effects. Maximum plasma concentrations of vitamin C were higher when consumed with BioPerine - Vitamin C is also another essential micronutrient shown to have antioxidant properties. I take lots of dietary supplements, so when I read that this product helped in utilization of nutrients, I was sold. I have only been using this about 2 - 3 weeks and as we know, nutritional supplementation is a subtle thing and can take a while to recognize benefits. I noticed a significant increase in the effectiveness of the herbs I have been taking with the Bioperine. Also, I notice that my body is absorbing more of the vitamins I am taking as well. Knowing its not what you take, but how much your body absorbs. It was a clear to me this was a nutrient booster that everyone who take supplements should take. Because of the actions of piperine on digestion, it is best taken with, or around the time of a meal or with other supplements. I am looking forward to experiencing enhanced absorption of my dietary supplements, with the regular use of Bioperine !

Hard to find

Posted by Reviewer1782084 on Oct 31, 2009

This is a wonderful product, it increases absorption of all the supplements you take, but be careful because if you take it with a med it will increase absorption of that med also. This is wonderful for gastric by-pass receipents! I recommend this product very highly!!