New To iHerb?

Source Naturals, Boswellia Extract, 100 Tablets

Works for me but not for my parents

Posted by Reviewer1026533 on Mar 17, 2012

I used boswellia from Avesta before which was higher dosage than this one but didn't seem as effective. Then I had a 2-3 week break and started on this one. The inflammation and the pain in my hands actually disappeared only after one day of taking it. The only downside was that I got really nausious after the first two pills but then my body seemed to adjust and the nausia disappeared. Will have to take it longer to know for sure that the dramatic reduction in inflummation just within a day is indeed due to this supplement. But so far so good, seems to work well for me. My parents took it for a month but their joints didn't imrpove at all, so clearly it doesn't work for everybody. Someone here commented that the size of the pills is too big. I disagree! The pills are not tiny but definitely not oversized and perfectly easy to swallow. I have taken much bigger boswellia pills in the past and find these reasonable.

Excellent product - this really works!

Posted by Reviewer2325387 on Aug 05, 2011

This product took me by surprise - I suffer from bowel inflammation and only tried Boswellia on the off-chance that it might alleviate some of the pain of the inflammation. To my surprise, it works exceedingly well. HOWEVER, a note to many of the reviewers of this product, and also to potential purchasers: inflammatory bowel conditions and some other auto-immune conditions may have heavy metal toxicity as an underlying cause. The likes of mercury can derange immune function and liver detoxification pathways, with many knock-on effects as a consequence. This has certainly proven to be the case with my bowel inflammation issues. Consequently, it may be worth you doing as I did and getting a decent hair elements analysis done. There is a caveat regarding Boswellia in such circumstances of heavy metal intoxication (I'm referring specifically to mercury, here). Boswellia crosses the blood-brain barrier and for some people with mercury intoxication this might be problematic - I've personally found that although Boswellia is fabulous for reducing inflammatory bowel pain, it paradoxically leads to me having terrible headaches and I suspect this may be due to its crossing the blood-brain barrier whilst mercury is present - perhaps it facilitates redistribution of mercury in some way, I'm not certain at this stage. Consequently, I've been forced to discontinue using Boswellia and instead continue with the bowel pain. This isn't a criticism of Bowellia - it works very well for it's intended purpose, it's just that, personally, my mercury intoxication is interacting with it in some way. I am chelating metals from my system with DMSA and ALA, on a 'frequent dosing schedule'. One needs to read carefully how to do this safely, but all these products are conveniently available right here on iHerb!

Keeps my arthritis at bay!

Posted by Reviewer2377105 on Jan 21, 2010

I take one at morning and one at night every day and i dont have arthritis pain anymore.

Colitis control

Posted by Reviewer2484879 on Jun 10, 2009

I am using this to control colitis along with S boulardii.Together they are pretty effective. More so than mesalazine or steroids, though I have not achieve complete remission

I like it!

Posted by Reviewer3001165 on Mar 30, 2009

works really well for my knees