Pill size and consistency changed recently, seems much less potent

Posted by Reviewer1003688 on Sep 08, 2015

I've used this on and off for a few years. Recently it changed. The ond pill would actually dissolve under my lip. This one just turns to mush and stays there all day. I don't really feel this new pill doing anything. 9/8/2015

Water retention

Posted by Reviewer1055106 on May 25, 2015

Great for water retention. Make sure not to exceed recommended dose. Too high amount of B6, more than 600 mg, can cause nerve damage. I take 1-2 tablets when needed and inbetween an organic multiple vitamin B tablet, super B complex by Synergy Company, available at Iherb.

Unexpectedly potent

Posted by 4838135463888010802 on May 12, 2015

This bottle will last a looong time.

Source Naturals, Coenzymated B-6, 100mg, 60 tablets

Posted by Reviewer2621911 on Dec 05, 2014

just started to take this so cannot rate it yet.

The BEST

Posted by 5445969179359706188 on Jul 24, 2014

Super small pill for 100mg of P5P (also known as co enzymated B6). Far and away the best for anyone wanting B6 without the mild nausea

Best bioavailable form of B6

Posted by Reviewer2631717 on Mar 01, 2014

Our doctor told us we need at least 25mg of B6 preferably in the bioavailable form of P-5-P. We are taking MegaFoods all natural multivites, but they have only 6mg of B6 instead of the required 25mg. So ...... we are forced to buy this. My only wish is that this were available in a strong NATURAL multivitamin that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Anyone know of such a vitamin?

High-dose B6 is NOT a long-term strategy for optimum/sustainable health

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Feb 10, 2014

I was having issues with NON-coenzymated B6 causing wheezing, headaches and moodiness among other things - regardless of the brand/dose or whatever else I was/wasn't eating/taking. So I thought I'd give coenzymated B6 a try given the number of glowing reviews and good press it receives within the health/nutrition community. However - I had the same issues with half a tablet of this coenzymated B6. B6 is an antagonist of IODINE, SODIUM, MANGANESE, SILICA and COPPER - low levels of these essential nutrients can cause wheezing, headaches and other problems such as hyper/hypothyroidism, hair loss, etc etc. Over time B6 will also raise magnesium which may not be beneficial - magnesium antagonises iodine, silica, manganese, cobalt, sodium, etc. Adding more of these nutrients won't correct the issue. B6 is also an inhibitor of 5-alpha reductase, which can be an issue when activity of this enzyme is low, e.g. other nutrients that also inhibit this enzyme include alpha-linolenic acid, oleic acid, linoleic acid, B2, zinc (think hormonal disorders, hair loss). After some positive results, I did take B6 in the past (in combo with other vit B's) - not excessive doses and not for long periods of time either. However, after struggling to correct the imbalances it caused, I do not recommend it as a long-term strategy for anyone, regardless of issue/reason for taking it - it's simply not designed for long-term use at mega-doses (by mega-dose I mean anything above 10mg per day). If B6 works for you I strongly suggest looking into why rather than continuing long-term use - e.g. if it helps with water retention or hormonal issues, look at other nutrients or areas of diet that might be disrupting these. While B6 might seem like a heaven-sent quick-fix, I'd hate for anyone to go through the same as me after taking B6 for any period of time. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Less nausea with this product

Posted by Reviewer2327001 on Oct 29, 2013

I take vitamin B6 as part of my pyroluria treatment. I experience much less nausea with coenzymated B6.

Very good product but very strong

Posted by Reviewer2188044 on Jul 16, 2013

I was looking for a product with a high dose of vitamin B6 in the active form. This one works very well. I took it for a While and then I had to reduce the dosage as I started having side effects from excess B6. I now take only 25 mg a day which is fine.

Best absorption

Posted by truevitality on Sep 19, 2012

To have the properties of oral absorption and a coenzymated for of B6 is a rare find. This is a great product for those with poor absorption of B6