not good for me

Posted by KentuckyWildcat on Sep 26, 2011

I switched to Source Naturals DIM from Olympian Labs DIM. My urine turned orange, my blood sugar rose, and previous symptoms of estrogen dominance returned. I immediately went back to Olympian Labs and all symptoms disappeared again. Of course, everyone is different, and I'm sure SN is a good company, but it just didn't work for me.

Late period!

Posted by Reviewer1722464 on May 02, 2009

The month I started taking DIM, my normally very regular period, was late by 14 days and I had the worse PMS. Granted at age 46 I can begin premenopausal symptoms and that could be a coincidence, but then I stopped DIM and two days later I got my period and since I went off DIM, I have been regular again. Last month I added a Natural Progesterone cream and like that so much more. I think for all those who suspect estrogen dominance (very common) due to, pre or post menopause, as well as other hormonal insufficiencies, progesterone, rather than estrogen metabolite should be the concern.

Very acidic

Posted by Reviewer3334210 on Apr 16, 2009

If you have problem with a uric acid it will give you very nasty attack. Also not good for hypothyroidism.

Problems

Posted by Reviewer3103880 on Aug 26, 2011

Got a massive headache and numbness in extremities.

DB

Posted by Reviewer2862251 on Jan 20, 2009

I switched back to Nature's Way DIM. Source Naturals did not give me the desired result (less water retention, moodiness, cramps)that I was achieving with NW DIM. I don't believe it is cheaper either.

Source Naturals DIM

Posted by Reviewer2081834 on Feb 07, 2012

I didn't find this to be as effective as the Nature's Way DIM -Plus. Individual results will vary so this may be effective for someone else :)

Dizzy

Posted by Reviewer2145806 on Oct 17, 2012

I suffered from increasingly intense dizzy spells off and on all day long taking this. It got so bad I once woke up in the middle of the night clinging to the bed. They started to gradually get better after I stopped taking it and it took about a week before they stopped completely. Nothing else in my routine had changed besides starting the DIM. Not sure if it was an interaction with some other supplement I was taking but it was a scary experience and one I won't be repeating.

LEUKEMIA

Posted by Reviewer1514410 on Apr 26, 2014

Take it to help metabolize eostrogen. Not sure it help since I have tender breasts lately. I prefer DIM + from Nature'sway

no changes

Posted by MsLeaha on Jan 09, 2014

Been taking over a month and not really noticing much difference...started as fertility regiment for pcos, probably won't continue due to no significant changes..

This or something else made me ill.

Posted by Reviewer2191877 on Nov 05, 2010

This or something else made me ill. Unfortunately.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »