long term use side effect

Posted by Reviewer3191391 on Oct 04, 2008

used this for 6 months. Helped clear up acne..but noticed major hair loss after 5 months. Hair loss stopped after discontinued use.

DIM Source Naturals

Posted by Reviewer1953592 on Dec 25, 2013

I took this supplement to help with hormonal acne (i'm a female with hormonal imbalances). I started taking 1 capsule a day and got headaches, so I reduced to 1/2 for a week, and then I came back to 1 capsule a day, with no headache this time. DIM had a noticeable and fast effect on my hormones, but not the one I was hoping for. First, my period came back and it was pretty "strong" : I went from rare cycles with little bleeding to a 5 days cycle with quite heavy bleeding, but with no pain or PMS, which was good news! But in the meantime, my acne got worse than ever, with huge painful cysts on my chin area. I was hoping it was just a purging phase and kept taking 1 capsule of DIM every day. After 2 months taking DIM, still no improvement on the acne, and I noticed my facial hair visibly increased. So I guess DIM reduced my excess estrogen and allowed my period to occur again, but it also raised my androgen levels, causing acne and facial hair. Not what I was aiming for... :/

Not for me.

Posted by Reviewer1653384 on Mar 03, 2009

I couldn't use this product since it made me too agitated.

HAIR LOSS

Posted by Reviewer3033976 on Dec 14, 2012

My hair is falling out A LOT. I know it's this product. Switched to this one from Nature's Way and have noticed massive shedding in the last two weeks. Unfortunately, I won't be taking this anymore. Worked for other symptoms though. Just want to keep my hair. Checked on the internet and other people have had this symptom too.

Not helpful yet.

Posted by Reviewer3304170 on Jun 11, 2013

Purchased this product to help with sore tender breast that I get every month about 2 weeks before period. I have seen no real improvement, even though others here have said it worked for them. I've been taking for two monthly cycles so far. Sure wish it would have worked...that's why I'm only giving 2 stars.

Mixed opinion

Posted by fitfranceb on May 13, 2014

I am estrogen dominant, low in progesterone. Also hypothyroid and have overactive adrenal glands. I did not notice any change since taking these. It has been almost a month now, so maybe it's not enough to notice anything.