DIM Source Naturals

Posted by Reviewer1953592 on Dec 25, 2013

I took this supplement to help with hormonal acne (i'm a female with hormonal imbalances). I started taking 1 capsule a day and got headaches, so I reduced to 1/2 for a week, and then I came back to 1 capsule a day, with no headache this time. DIM had a noticeable and fast effect on my hormones, but not the one I was hoping for. First, my period came back and it was pretty "strong" : I went from rare cycles with little bleeding to a 5 days cycle with quite heavy bleeding, but with no pain or PMS, which was good news! But in the meantime, my acne got worse than ever, with huge painful cysts on my chin area. I was hoping it was just a purging phase and kept taking 1 capsule of DIM every day. After 2 months taking DIM, still no improvement on the acne, and I noticed my facial hair visibly increased. So I guess DIM reduced my excess estrogen and allowed my period to occur again, but it also raised my androgen levels, causing acne and facial hair. Not what I was aiming for... :/

It works

Posted by Reviewer2624896 on Nov 24, 2013

I bought it for my wife and seems it worked just fine.

Essential

Posted by Reviewer1352709 on Sep 19, 2013

This is one of the three supplement that my D.O. recommends. Says to take it religiously everyday. Will do!

Not helpful yet.

Posted by Reviewer3304170 on Jun 11, 2013

Purchased this product to help with sore tender breast that I get every month about 2 weeks before period. I have seen no real improvement, even though others here have said it worked for them. I've been taking for two monthly cycles so far. Sure wish it would have worked...that's why I'm only giving 2 stars.

So many friends in their late 40's are having breast issues!!!

Posted by Reviewer3068668 on Mar 03, 2013

I started researching natural ways to help support the breasts. I am in my late 40's and I have so many friends in their late 40's are having breast issues-positive mammos, cytic breast, pre-cancer cells, etc....there seems to a lot of great research concerning DIM as related to breast and testicular health. I take it every day and noticed a difference when I stopped for 2 months. Night sweats, increased heart rate at night, worse PMS, longer cycles (intead of 28 days, I was goung to 31-33 days). So I know in my heart this is a great product. First time I wrote a review, but if it helps ladies around my age group (47), I am more than happy to help!

HAIR LOSS

Posted by Reviewer3033976 on Dec 14, 2012

My hair is falling out A LOT. I know it's this product. Switched to this one from Nature's Way and have noticed massive shedding in the last two weeks. Unfortunately, I won't be taking this anymore. Worked for other symptoms though. Just want to keep my hair. Checked on the internet and other people have had this symptom too.

Dizzy

Posted by Reviewer2145806 on Oct 17, 2012

I suffered from increasingly intense dizzy spells off and on all day long taking this. It got so bad I once woke up in the middle of the night clinging to the bed. They started to gradually get better after I stopped taking it and it took about a week before they stopped completely. Nothing else in my routine had changed besides starting the DIM. Not sure if it was an interaction with some other supplement I was taking but it was a scary experience and one I won't be repeating.

DIM

Posted by Reviewer3236578 on Aug 27, 2012

Have been very happy with this product and the price and have been taking it for nearly 3 years now.

Helps breakout

Posted by Reviewer3138302 on Jun 27, 2012

I took it to balance out my hormones after being on the pill for 8 years, helped with my skin after it started breaking out after coming off the pill. Makes your urine orange in color but no problems/probably should hydrate more, seems to work, would recommend

be careful if you have arthritis

Posted by Romero on Jun 26, 2012

Protect you from 16-hidroxy-estrone. To raise T levels consider take with Calcium D-glucarate and Nettle Root extract. It could make your pee more dark and your joints dry, be careful if you haver arthritis!