not as good

Posted by Reviewer1429017 on Aug 14, 2012

bought this because of lower price. i found this product was not as helpful for coldsores as now foods l lysine. this didnt seem to helt me at all, even when taken with vitamin c.

Sleep Tight

Posted by 5485951632908139042 on Dec 27, 2013

This is great for insomnia. I only have half a tablet before bedtime. The full amount makes me way too drowsy the next day. The whole tablet is too big to swallow anyway!

cold sores

Posted by Reviewer2509363 on Dec 19, 2009

Gets rid of my cold sores fast!

Used this with l-arginine for athletic performance

Posted by 5536595171908109527 on Feb 09, 2014

I heard so many great things about this product but I did not like it. Lysine made me feel tired and stopped circulation in my hands. I also think it may have lessened the effect of arginine. Also lysine prevented me from reaching mood highs when exercising and it was as if i had a cloud trapped in my head

Health

Posted by 4676747799157596364 on Nov 04, 2012

Since taking this I have slowly lost weight every week. I bought as a health supplement and although I am 20lbs over weight this was a bonus.I can really recommend this product and brand.

Pleasantly surprised.

Posted by divinitryx on Apr 16, 2013

I started taking lysine for neurotransmitter-boosting purposes, but what I actually ended up noticing was a massive improvement in the strength of my nails. They've never been able to grow long because they have always broken easily but now they are like iron nails. I think my hair is stronger too.

Excellent Product

Posted by Reviewer1396028 on Jan 06, 2011

I get fever blisters and read years ago that l-lysine can help heal them quicker. Well, i have been taking L-lysine daily for years and have significantly reduced not only the duration of fever blisters but the incidence. Since taking the Source Naturals brand I have had only one blister start to be stopped dead in it's tracks within 2 days. Excellent product at a great price.

Kept my mouth ulcers at away

Posted by Reviewer1298050 on May 31, 2012

I have suffered from painful ulcers in my gums epsecially during stressfull times at work. I was told that L-lysine was good for keeping cold sores at bay and thought i'd give it a go for ulcers. Now whenever i feel an ulcer starting to appear i smash a few of these and it receeds pretty quickly...fantastic stuff!!

This helps

Posted by 5637967644593501658 on Feb 27, 2014

If you're prone to getting cold sores as I have been, this is great stuff. If I notice a tingle I start taking it right away and keep taking it for at least a few days. It doesn't always prevent it totally, but the blister that forms doesn't break if I'm taking it. I also notice that avoiding dark chocolate (which I love) and almonds (which I love) is a good thing to do particularly around the time of menstruation. Chocolate and almonds have something int them that seems to feed cold sores. I also put a friend onto this when she had shingles (which is a type of herpes - as is chickenpox etc and she said it helped her too.

Not as effective and tablets are WAAAYYYY too big

Posted by Reviewer1741178 on Oct 30, 2012

Source Naturals is one of the supplement brands that I purchase often. Recently I bought the L-Lysine 1,000 mg 100 tablets because of the low price. The supplement doesn't seem to be as effective for my purposes as compared to other brands I've used. Plus the pills in tablet form are way too big. They are hard to swallow.