a must for balancing high arginine foods

Posted by Jeanne1974 on Jul 19, 2014

I take this with rice protein-pea protein shakes, as the high arginine makes me break out with cold sores. I also take it with vitamin C in juice in the morning as part of Linus Pauling's protocol for anti-aging.

Good

Posted by klinacz on Jun 02, 2015

I am satisfied with this product, however be cautious, pills are really really huge and I am used to swallowing big pills but those are the biggest I have ever seen, I manage to swallow them but still. I am taking lysine for healthy tissue maintaning and stronger bones and teeth also to help fight with cold sore. I am not sure, but while taking lysine my lips got chopped, dry and itchy. Maybe because of imbalance of other amino acids, but still, I find it odd.

nice

Posted by 4694064749721744211 on Oct 31, 2013

I'm so glad I tried this amino acid.It makes your skin glow.

Recommend

Posted by Reviewer3298857 on Jun 15, 2012

I take 2 of these before lunch and before dinner. They seem to decrease anxiety and improve cognitive ability for me, I really tend to be more sharp & serious when taking these. I combine lysine with some zinc picolinate since they are supposed to be synergistic.

Helps with cold sores, skin sores

Posted by Reviewer3065769 on Jun 19, 2012

This helps with healing of mouth sores and skin sores. It seems like a general immune system booster too. When my mother first recommended lysine to me, I was very doubtful, but she's right. This has an effect of making things heal up faster. This dose is higher than another brand I was buying, so I'm quite pleased that now it only takes 1 pill for double the strength. It's also quite affordable.

1,000 a day keeps body together

Posted by naturalrecovery on Jun 30, 2012

This is a second review for L-lysine, with one comment that all L-lysine should be the same if natural and not cooked up (as in DL-lysine) in the lab. Many benefits for those with connective tissue disorders. Taken with vitamin C 1,000 mg each per day--try it, see if it is a benefit to you.

great service!

Posted by Reviewer2548605 on Jul 18, 2011

we actually use this for our cat who is FIV positive. such a great price and delivery was so fast, will definitely be using this site in the future!

Used this many years

Posted by Reviewer2784429 on Oct 06, 2011

I tried many brands in the past, but Like Source Naturals best. I use it to prevent fever blister out breaks. If it is a stressful time I take 2 once or twice a day. VERY HELPFUL

Thanks iHerb for this strength in L-Lysine!

Posted by Reviewer1625204 on Mar 27, 2010

My husband takes a very high amount of L-Lysine (controls cold sores on his lips) and (for years) has taken "alot of individual tablets" to meet the amount his body needs. This product is a wonderful way for him to more conveniently get the MG he needs! Source Naturals is a super brand and great value!!!

Helps Quite a bit

Posted by Reviewer3032582 on Jun 22, 2011

This product is wonderful used with Red Marine Algae. Though it has not halted herpes completely, it has taken some of the worst symptoms (for me) away... which were terrible headaches and severe body pain.