helps sleep

Posted by Reviewer1147088 on Nov 05, 2010

after using this product my mood is more steady and I sleep very well

Works well.

Posted by Reviewer2697053 on Sep 23, 2010

I've used this brand and the NOW brand and the Jarrow Brand - they all seem to work for me about the same - which is very well. I really like taking it to help me fall asleep. And I think it helps me stay asleep better - although there are nights when I still wake up for no reason! I love my tryptophan!

Well designed formula

Posted by Reviewer1331472 on Aug 17, 2010

The inclusion of B6 as p5p was a good choice in conjunction with tryptophan. The Dr. Best formula includes B3 as niacinamide (which is a known soporific agent), but having added my own niacinamide, I cannot perceive any difference. Melatonin is synthesized AFTER serotonin. The synthesis of serotonin (and other neurotransmitters) is catalyzed by a B6-dependent enzyme. Furthermore, B6 is required to manufacture Niacin from tryptophan. Thus a reason one might choose tryptophan over melatonin is NOT to skip any intermediary steps (there are a few studies showing that direct melatonin supplementation reduces levels of intermediary products). I use low-dose melatonin anyway (Same brand, sustained release) because sleep is scarce.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer1489795 on Mar 17, 2010

We have been using this for insomnia for several years now. It seems to be a high quality product and works well.

Brain Chemistry Change

Posted by Reviewer2060826 on Jan 19, 2010

In the past, I used this product for insomnia, and I had good results. Since then, I've gone into menopause and am having sleep issues again. Last week I started taking the L-Tryptophan again, and I've had disturbing dreams and nightmares several times. Apparently my brain chemistry has changed, and this supplement is not right for me now. I would still recommend it to persons with chronic insomnia.

Ah, sleep...

Posted by Reviewer2966336 on Dec 23, 2009

My doctor recommended this for my anxiety, and it really does help. Without this, I was miserable. Take with juice at bedtime for peaceful sleep.

sleep time

Posted by Reviewer2214128 on Nov 19, 2009

does help me sleep

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer1847986 on Oct 06, 2009

I am very pleased with this product. Started with 2 tablets as I was using 2 capsules of another brand and found that 1 tablet works just as well. Much easier to swallow than the capsule for me. iherb stands by their shipping policy as they did not send the order the day it was ordered and so upgraded my shipping to a faster delivery.

AHH, blessed sleep!

Posted by Reviewer3207488 on Mar 18, 2009

If you have trouble falling or staying asleep I found this very helpful - I took 500mg for every 50-75 lbs of body weight.

Good formula, decent price.

Posted by Reviewer3119327 on Feb 24, 2009

Addition of B6 and other co-factors makes this a good tryptophan formula in my opinion.