Source Naturals, Melatonin, 1 mg, 100 Tablets
Items 1-5 of 11 total
« Previous |
| Next »
Easy and effective if you like the low dosage
2 people found the following review helpful
Posted by Reviewer1145738 on Jun 20, 2011
PLEASE NOTE: this is the same review I wrote for the orange flavor - I ordered both as I couldn't decide between them. I prefer the peppermint and found the efficacy to be similar. Although peppermint might have the added benefits of calming the digestive system and mixing a little better with recently brushed teeth, it's really just a taste issue.
These seem to work well. I love the sublingual option; it was recommended by Dr. Weil as the best method of intake. These ease me into sleep fairly soon after taking them.
Also, I had planned to start on this smallest dosage and work up to 3mg, but I find I don't need to change. However, my sleep problems are fairly specific - if you have similar criteria, these may be the best option for you as well.
"Traditional" sleeping pills like Unisom and Ambien leave me groggy and I hate that "knocked out" feeling (although I have friends who find they get more satisfying sleep when "drugged" - to each her own). I did a lot of research and decided to take this particular product for a few distinct reasons.
1) They are melatonin only. I have allergies and found that some herbal sleep formulas ironically made me more alert due to irritation from included plants like chamomile. I also wanted the antioxidant benefit of melatonin.
2) For use during cross-country and some int'l flights. I like that these put me to sleep but allow me to wake up fairly easily, such as when we're landing or there is meal service. It makes me uncomfortable to be completely "out" while traveling. Also, some red eyes are only 5-6 hours and don't warrant sleeping longer.
3) Help with jetlag - I use these to adjust to new time zones but typically am not on a schedule where I have the luxury of the full 8-9 hours required by more potent pills.
4) I work inconsistent hours and have insomnia, but often don't notice the need to take a sleeping pill until I've been tossing and turning and it's too late to take a stronger version.
5) You can take more or less pills depending on your sleep situation at that moment (see above...)
I trust Source Naturals and have found success with these. Plus they are easy to take and relatively inexpensive. I'm still experimenting with dosage but I will absolutely buy these again in some variety.
Was this review helpful to you?
Note: iHerb does not imply any medical claims from this review. Disclaimer.
Cannot sleep without it ...
Posted by Reviewer3113916 on Oct 03, 2011
Sublingual is the way to get it fast!
Works like a charm
Posted by Reviewer2958887 on Oct 23, 2011
While it's hard to hold under my tongue for the amount of time they take to dissolve, they do the trick and I find only one helps me fall asleep easily and quickly.
Say goodbye to sleeping pills!
Posted by Reviewer2429747 on Apr 25, 2012
I take this every night, it helps me to sleep. I like that it is sublingual so you don't have to swallow any pills. It works right away since it dissolves on your tongue. I also take 2500 mcg sublingual B12 (also here on Iherb) and that helps with nervous tension if anxiety prevents you from sleeping as well. They both work like a charm to get me to sleep fast!
Great product, fast acting, good price!
Posted by 5080498554101102269 on May 10, 2013
I like this product. I didn't realize the sub-lingual versions is faster acting when i first purchased this - but it's great.