July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Source Naturals, N-Acetyl Cysteine, 1000 mg, 120 Tablets

Powerful antioxidant in a larger dose

Posted by Reviewer2274947 on Dec 05, 2008

I have been taking NAC for months now, and I appreciate the larger 1 gram size, also need to up my vitamin c dosage to 3 grams with this monster, otherwise it can cause more bad than good. Strong sulfur odor lets me know it means business.

Definitely shows promise

Posted by Reviewer2402786 on Oct 30, 2009

I have/had a 30% hearing loss from family genetic predisposition. I've been taking this supplement for 3-4 months now and I believe there has been definite improvement. Maybe a 10%-15% reduction. I've stopped using my hearing aids and though I still have trouble hearing I'm picking up much more conversation than I did in the past. I'm 54 but I think this is definitely worth a try. This substance was supposedly tested by the US Navy to help prevent hearing loss onboard ships but it has also helped me.

N-Acetyl Cysteine by Source Naturals

Posted by Reviewer3194334 on May 18, 2008

I like Source Naturals in general. I learned about them through Dr. David Perlmutter's book The Better Brain. I like this particular product becasue it is so highly concentrated.

Too early to tell.

Posted by Reviewer1391596 on Jun 22, 2011

I started taking 1 x 1000mg a day to see if it had any of the mucolytic affects that my research advised it might. To date I can't say that I've noticed any perceivable difference but I guess the results will be apparent during my next lung function test with my respiratory specialist. I haven't experienced any of the usual side effects such as overly smelly flatulence or feces. But then again both my flatulence and feces didn't have a particularly pleasant bouquet in the first place...any change might have been an improvement. One thing I'd recommend is to look at getting some vitamin C as well. This isn't something that iHerb or the Source Naturals instructions advise but a few minutes on google will show you that high dosages of NAC have side effects that are minimised by taking at least a 2:1 ratio of vitamin C to NAC. With a 1000mg dose of NAC you'd be taking 2000mg of vitamin C which is right on the border of the safe recommended daily intake for vitamin C before the laxative effects kick in and other long term high dosage complications such as kidney stones can occur. My 3 star rating at this stage is really just based on the good service I received from Source Naturals rather than the product itself as I haven't had a long enough exposure to NAC to make any firm decisions on whether it's been beneficial or not. Definitely recommend iHerb. The product was on my door step within 14 days...and I live in the middle of nowhere even by New Zealand standards.

May help those with depression

Posted by Reviewer1218607 on Mar 20, 2012

Recommended by my Dr for depression. Apparently latest research shows it helps repair the brain even better than fish tablets.. Have been feeling great with the antioxidant support.