Treatment of bipolar disorder

Posted by Reviewer2489592 on Oct 01, 2008

NAC is an exciting new direction in the treatment of serious mental disorders such as bipolar and schizophrenia. It increases the bodies #1 antioxidant and as such helps restore neurons towards normal functioning. It takes 2-3 months to take effect.

CFS

Posted by Reviewer1974227 on Oct 02, 2009

I use this as well as Lecithin, ALA, and Milk Thistle to improve my liver function which is sluggish and my CFS symptoms are now way better, quiet pleased, i use 3 of these a day.

Top antioxidant choice

Posted by Reviewer3322960 on Jul 06, 2010

My top antioxidant choice since one can divide the tablets in two. Thus, 300mg is sufficient when take 3X daily. Dr. Richard Lippman, author of "Stay 40"

N-Acetyl Cysteine

Posted by Reviewer1650564 on Sep 19, 2010

I am very happy with the supplement. I am taking it as part of a regime for the management of Parkinson's disease. So far I havee managed to stay off prescription drugs and hope to stay off them for a long time yet.

Beneficial for Cystic Fibrosis Sufferers

Posted by Reviewer1265554 on Feb 24, 2009

My son has cystic fibrosis and is very prone to Distal obstructive syndrome (DIOS), basically his gut produces very sticky mucus and blocks up. This blockage is very resistant to laxatives and can end up with a stay in hospital. The clinic suggested using acetyl cystein and we have been using it now for a couple of years from different suppliers. In the last year we have been using Natural source as it seems effective and is reasonably priced. One tablet twice a day is an important part of keeping his digestive system healthy, plus there is the added benefit of powerful antioxidant activity that have been shown to be of benefit in keeping the lungs healthy in CF.

Important antioxidant!

Posted by Reviewer2926332 on Jun 14, 2012

N-Acetylcysteine is fundamental for the formation of glutathione in the body. Glutathione is one of the most potent antioxidants. Acetylcysteine protects mainly your liver from injuries caused by chemicals and drugs. I take 3 prescription drugs per day for bipolar disorder and often tylenol and I want to help my liver to stay healthy. NAC helps with it. Moreover it can help with bipolar disorder, depression and OCD by lowering the excitatory neurotransmitter Glutamate in some areas of the brain. Don't worry if you heard about NAC causing PAH since the doses used in the studies were much higher than 600 mg or even 1200 mg a day. Source Naturals equals quality and I will never allow this supplement to run out of my stack!

Works

Posted by Reviewer1065555 on Apr 30, 2011

This really works. I saw improved immunity and less tiredness. Some days I have to skip it cause it works so wll that I am not tired before the bedtime and can't fall asleep.

N-Acetyl cysteine

Posted by Reviewer2625727 on Nov 03, 2010

Very helpful with COPD. Not a cure, but it keeps the mucus loose so it can be expelled. I read that it is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. No way of telling yet if this is so.

Good mucolytic effects, and antidote to acids, mycotoxins and environmental pollution

Posted by ShaktiSophia on Aug 17, 2012

I took NAC in order to help clear my body of acids, mycotoxins and environmental toxins, and I was happy with the results, feeling and looking clearer. It doesn't just help to get rid of some toxins but, both directly and as a precursor of antioxidant gluthatione, it also protects the liver against damage from mycotoxins. Some studies show that it can bond to heavy metals such as lead (from paint and cigarette smoke), mercury (from dental fillings) and cadmium, to escort them out of the body. It can also neutralize acetaldehyde, a strong neurotoxin that is absorbed or produced in the brain from alcohol consumption, car pollution, candida overgrowth and cigarette smoke. I also used this product in the past for its mucolytic benefits when I had big colds and bronchitis, which doesn't seem to happen to me anymore. It really helped to break down mucus, making it s good liquefying expectorant. I still use it from time to time to help clear my sinuses that tend to get congested whenever I spend some time exposed to peak pollution, dust, or very dry environments, and it seems to help. Now NAC can have side effects and it can add to or contradict the effects of some drugs, so I'd recommend that everyone do their own research. I find these tabs to be easy to swallow and easy to split.

helpful for chronic blepharitis and hangover

Posted by Reviewer2891273 on Oct 15, 2012

Now that’s a supplement I use for two problems. First, it is helpful for chronic blepharitis: helps to loosen the thick secretions that block the oil-secreting glands in posterior blepharitis. For this purpose I took it for about 2 months and it did help to make secretions less thick, which was noted by my doctor. And second – as a recovery drug: sometimes I have a headache from half a glass of red wine (!) but one tablet taken the same evening helps to skip the headache.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »