Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Source Naturals, Natural Progesterone Cream, 4 oz (113.4 g)

a small dab twice daily

Posted by Reviewer1814338 on Dec 16, 2008

Using this cream twice daily for 3 weeks of my cycle has helped tame horrible PMS symptoms. I still have the bloating, tenderness, swelling, cramps but not at all like before. I also had ovarian cysts and occasional spotting that disappeared after 6 months of use, and they have not returned. Read about progesterone use on Dr. Lee's site, and give it a try.

Be very careful, can build up in body

Posted by KentuckyWildcat on Apr 14, 2012

Experiment with the dosage to find what works best for you. For me it's 1/4 tsp in morning, 1/2 tsp at night. The larger amount at night helps me sleep. May, 2011 - I am updating my review to note that, for some women, the progesterone builds up in the fat tissue and then is released over time. This leads to having an excess of progesterone, which has side effects of headache, strong tension in body, high BP, bad insomnia, anxiety, because the excess progesterone competes with cortisol for receptors so the body compensates by producing more and more cortisol. So rather than feeling mellowed out like I did the first several months of usage, I ended up feeling very stressed and wired. I am off the cream now and hoping my hormones will stabilize.

no propylene glycol

Posted by Reviewer2341242 on Apr 26, 2008

One has to be careful because some brands of natural progesterone cream have propylene glycol, which has some toxicity to the liver and is unnecessary in skin care products (or food for that matter--check out the label on baker's coconut bought at the grocery store). I have been using this brand for a number of years, and although it's hard to tell conclusively cause-wise, I do know that my bone density has slowly but steadily been growing even without prescriptions such as Fosamax during the many years I have used progesterone cream (of course I supplement calcium and vit D as well).

EXELLENT PRODUCT!!!

Posted by MenopauseHelp on Aug 17, 2013

After reading that many menopausal women are actually estrogen dominant and need progesterone to balance things out, I tried this product. I AM SO GLAD THAT I DID!!! NO hot flushes, NO exhaustion, NO weight gain, NO depression, NO anxiety. Don't worry about the product warning...Manufacturer is legally obligated due to research connected with synthetic progesterone...This NATURAL progesterone (different chemical structure) has no research to prove that it has any risks. Unfortunately, Customs in New Zealand no longer allow this product in. Click on my username for helpful reviews.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer1812816 on May 16, 2011

I have used this cream for years, and didn't know how much I was benefiting from it until it was temporarily unavailable 'over the counter' in my state. I tried ordering from the internet, only to be told it couldn't be shipped to my address. I hoped it wouldn't make that much difference, but after a year without it I lost strength and energy, my skin was dry and like paper, and my tummy had developed a bulge that no amount of exercise or dieting would get rid of. I am so thankful that I can again buy your product!