Source Naturals, Panax Ginseng,

Posted by Reviewer1292451 on Jun 23, 2011

This product is so powerful, I must cut the tablet in half, so as to metabolize it better. A full tablet for my 5'3"size (120 lbs.) is too much -- makes my heart beat faster.

Most cost effective source of raw herbal red ginseng internet-wide

Posted by Reviewer1425851 on Oct 26, 2012

I've scoured online vendors looking for where to find the cheapest low grade ginseng roots, powdered or whole. I can't find another vendor of raw roots that sells 162 grams (5.785 oz) for $22.39. That considered, I was hoping the effects of this indicated that it was decently preserved ginseng. I'm certainly not disappointed with the stimulation I'm currently feeling. I find it no less powerful serving-for-serving than any standardized extract...may even be more potent than others I've tried (N.O.W's older 5% standardized felt like it was adulterated with mandrake root, Natural Factors one didn't seem efficacious at such a low dose of even 7%). It's more of a general adrenal uplift than a classic stimulant, which is fine by me. If you're sensitive to stimulants, one tablet will probably do you good. Me on the other hand....I'll probably end up averaging 4-8 per day :-D.

Not strong enough

Posted by Reviewer1044690 on Aug 24, 2013

I do not notice any effects. I used other ginseng, prescribed by a chinese acupuncturer and i immediately noticed effects like control of cravings and loods of energy (couldn't sleep the first couple of days). So, as to my experience this is not a high enough dosage.