Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials

Source Naturals, St. John's Wort 450, 450 mg, 180 Tablets

A sane alternative to anti-depressants

9 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer2421501 on Oct 01, 2007

Like millions of people diagnosed with clinical depression, I have spent decades taking psychiatric prescription medications. While these medications initially proved very effective in treating my disorder, over time they became ineffective in treating my depression and began to produce crippling, negative side-effects. As I weaned myself off of the prescription anti-depressants, I sought an herbal alternative to help me deal with life-stress. My personal experiences with St John's Wort have been remarkable. Within days of starting this therapy, I began to feel better than I have in months! I don't expect everyone to enjoy the same dramatic benefits, but I stronglhy encourage all depression sufferes to try this age-old remedy. Don't be surprised if your psychaitrist advises against this therapy. Psychiatrists often eschew natural treatments in favor of prescriptions. Don't let this deter you. Youn owe it to yourself to feel the sense of well-being that St John's Wort cna provide. I will update this review as I continue to use the product.

great for sleep

3 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer2818837 on Oct 19, 2008

I have trouble falling and staying asleep because of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. In both of these conditions, serotonin is in short supply, a vital brain chemical that is required for sleep. St Johns Wort (SJW) is a natural "selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor" (SSRI) which means that it slows down the recycling of serotonin and makes more of it available for the brain. Taking 450-750 mg SJW at bedtime gives me a very restful sleep without the hangover feeling of a typical drug. And this product by Source Naturals gives me a standardized amount so that I don't get too much or too little. Good luck!

Been using it for several years

3 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer3148247 on Nov 28, 2008

Whenever I run out and fail to order I feel the difference. I am very satisfied with the Source Natural brand.

Wow

2 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer2492424 on Feb 20, 2009

These work much better than I expected.

St John's Wort 450mg

2 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer1014864 on Oct 26, 2009

I got this to help my son deal with his ADHD. I have been very pleased with the results in a short amount of time. He says he feels a sense of calm come over him when he takes them, and he sure shows it! Chalk it up for another herbal remedy!!!!