Source Naturals, Ultra Potency Gymnema Sylvestre, 550 mg, 120 Tablets

very effective, incredible value

Posted by Reviewer1859641 on Jan 16, 2012

By far the best value for I've found for this, with nearly twice as much gymnemic acid per penny as the next best deal (also from Source Naturals). Living up to the "Ultra Potency" name (which curiously isn't included in the catalog heading at iHerb), it not only has the most gymnema extract per tablet, but the extract is high-concentration, with 75% gymnemic acid. I can vouch that gymnema dramatically helps in managing blood sugar. I know this because I'd been trying to go without it temporarily, and am feeling the difference. As of the time I am posting, this has been out-of-stock at iHerb for at least a month-and-a-half. I tend to be frugal, and wanted to see if I could wait it out. I can't wait anymore. The product I'm ordering instead costs two-and-a-half times more per mg of gymnemic acid, which is disappointing. iHerb is usually very good with replenishing its stock, so I hope that this hasn't been discontinued.

Helps blood sugar stability

Posted by Reviewer2030676 on Feb 08, 2012

This product is an integral part of my diabetes management program. I take this, chromium & alpha lipoic acid. I have blood sugar in truly normal range, 70-90 almost all the time. I have noticed my body is able to handle a healthy amount of natural carbohydrates thanks to gymnema, even if I skip a few days.

Helps pancreatic beta cells

Posted by Reviewer2017626 on Jun 13, 2010

Source Naturals Gymnema Sylvestra works the best out of the gymnema sylvestra supplements I have tried. After nine months of taking this formula, along with banaba, cinnamon, a multi-vitamin and fish/flax oils, moving around more, and eating a low-fat diet of fish, egg whites, and non-starchy vegetables my blood sugar is normal (previously my average blood sugar was 345). I also take Jarrow Adrenal Optimizer.

I don't want any more sweets

Posted by Reviewer1395979 on Mar 23, 2011

This works great. Appetite decreases and cravings for sweets dissappear. Forgot to take for 2 days and notice thoughts of food starting to take "hold" as before. All in all, it helps you to eat sensibly - not taking all your appetite away so that you end uop eating a lot later, but giving you control over cravings and desire for junk food

Life saver for cheat meals.

Posted by mozzer on Sep 02, 2012

Take these along with some banaba with your next cheat meal or any meal that you need some damage control for. Greatly reduces, for me, the dizzy, sleepy feeling that comes after eating too much breads, pasta, potatoes.