Very Relaxing, but Proceed with Caution

Posted by HawaiianViking on Oct 24, 2012

Within two hours of taking 100mg of Doctor's Best, Best 5-HTP I was feeling very relaxed, something like how I feel after yoga or a massage. I slept well that first night, except for strangely intense and sometimes disturbing dreams. Several days on and I haven't noticed a greatly elevated mood, but I do feel very relaxed without feeling drowsy. Depression — of the type caused by brain chemistry — can be a result of a defecit of the neurotransmitters Dopamine, Norepinephrine, and Serotonin. Since 5-HTP works by stimulating the human body's own production of Serotonin, I think that a person must have depressed levels of Serotonin in order for this product to make much difference in their overall quality of life, since depression can involve other neurotransmitters. To those who already take prescription anti-depressants: Please be careful! Consult with your medical professional, since 5-HTP — together with SSRIs — can create dangerous levels of Serotonin in the brain and cause Serotonin Syndrome.

Seems like it works

Posted by jasmine on Oct 07, 2012

It seems to me that my nervousness and tension decreased since I've taken 5-HTP. However, I also take Source Naturals NutraSleep at bed time, because 5-HTP doesn't help me to get deep enough sleep. RU Кажется, эта штука работает. Во всяком случае, мне кажется, будто я меньше психую, когда принимаю это средство. Правда, проблемы со сном оно мне не решило, поэтому на ночь я принимаю NutraSleep от Source Naturals.

nice

Posted by 4722376364331519744 on Oct 28, 2012

I did notice a difference in my mood when i took this. but I should have used it for a longer period of time to really give an accurate review

Anti-stress

Posted by 4720309401500166016 on Nov 20, 2012

Do what it says, anti-stress.

Got this for free to try it out...

Posted by shedreamslittledreams on Dec 22, 2012

I have only taken this product twice. I didn't see a large difference in my mental awareness or sleeping habits. Perhaps if I was to take it for a longer period of time, I would see more results.

sleep aid

Posted by Reviewer2963287 on Nov 14, 2011

the best typtophan works better for me/ though this one does get you to sleep

Great for Mood

Posted by Reviewer2700305 on Jan 01, 2012

Good product to even out moods

Got it as sample

Posted by Reviewer1012546 on Jan 31, 2012

To combine with melatonin

ok

Posted by Reviewer1071655 on Feb 03, 2012

ok

Made me drowsy

Posted by Reviewer2562363 on Apr 25, 2012

and went straight to sleep!

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »