Nice Product

Posted by Reviewer2186607 on Jan 28, 2012

Works to keep you alert, and make your thinking clearer, but you do have to take this with Vit C & B complex - if you don't - it will not work as well (it turns into serotonin in your intestines and doesn't get all of it through to the bloodstream to make it to the brain to help balance the neurotransmitters there). Will buy 5-HTP product again - not sure if it will be this brand - but also would spread it out over the day - 50mg in the mid morning and 50mg mid evening.

Helps Ease Anxiety and OCD Thoughts and Rituals

Posted by rabbit on Aug 16, 2012

I've taken 5-HTP for years and it has greatly improved my quality of life. It cured my insomnia and I am now able to sleep through the night. It has helped immensely in lessening my depression. It also helps ease anxiety as well as OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder) thoughts and rituals. In some ways, it works immediately - The first time that I took 5-HTP, in about 30 minutes, I felt euphoric - happy, relaxed, and sleepy. I slept through the night, and still do. It was a relief to know that it worked that fast. It takes maybe three to four weeks to notice more permanent changes in mood, like an all-day improvement in depression, instead of the immediate effect that it has after you take it because it is leveling out the seratonin/melatonin levels in the brain. It has been compared to traditional anti-depressants, with relatively no side effects. For a week or two, you may have intense and vivid dreams. I also had increased headaches for the first week or two, but after that it significantly reduced my migraines. I take only one capsule (100 mg) a day at night before bed. (The recommended time to take it is about a half hour to an hour before bedtime.) If you have depression, insomnia, migraines, anxiety, and/or OCD, I fully recommend 5-HTP because it has done wonders for me.

Instant constipation cure!

Posted by Reviewer2624820 on Jan 20, 2012

5htp cured my constipation overnight!! most serotonin is produced in your gut and responsible for peristalsis... it appears i was deficient in it! now am much more regular thanks to 5htp! Better mood too... ( who wouldnt when they have free bowels!)

Posted by Reviewer2117901 on Mar 07, 2012

was very surpriced how mutch different i feelt while taking these, better mood, good sleep like this alot.

Interesting...

Posted by Reviewer2458481 on Dec 14, 2011

I selected this as a free sample to accompany my last order. It works as a mild sedative or anti-anxiety agent for some. I tried it a few times before bed and found it relaxing and conducive to a good night's sleep.

Quality Product

Posted by SherryB on Aug 23, 2012

I use 5-HTP to help with sleep. This is a solid product and a good price. It helps to take it an hour before going to bed. If you have lots of stress and anxiety though, it is best to deal with those directly as 5-HTP won't be a wonder supplement for sleep. It is a helper supplement along with learning to deal with stress, anxiety, depression and any underlying issues with your sleep.

Exelent product

Posted by RomStayn on Feb 16, 2013

excellent lowers appetite

helps with stress/sleep - Only need to take one

Posted by coconut on Jun 25, 2012

I liked this sample so well I bought the regular size. This is good for relaxing. Helps with sleep too. However I learned that taking two pills does not work twice as much. In fact it seemed to not work as well. I would only take one to get the benefits.

Posted by Reviewer2502809 on Jun 27, 2012

very good

I take at bedtime for sleep

Posted by DeanaS on Jun 30, 2012

I find that this really helps me stay asleep. I try to remember to take one around 3pm but usually forget. I take one at bedtime and it still helps. The Amen Solution will teach you more about this supplement and who should use it.