Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Special, Doctor's Best, Best L-Tryptophan, 500 mg, 10 Veggie Caps (Discontinued Item)

Reviews 5-star

Tryptophan

Posted by ZlatinVal on Aug 16, 2012

Tryptophan is a precursor to serotonin, a hormone contributing to the feelings of well-being, and people with low levels of serotonin are prone to depression. A study reported in the November 1982, "Psychological Medicine," investigated whether tryptophan could act as an antidepressant. The study involved 150 patients and lasted 12 weeks. It was found that tryptophan significantly improved depression and was not associated with side effects.

Does what it says it will.

Posted by Reviewer2930379 on May 14, 2012

It really helps to alleviate depression and control mood swings. I prefer it to 5-htp as it seems to last longer.

*****Calmed dog from thunderstorms*******

Posted by coconut on Jun 25, 2012

I enjoyed this sample so much I bought the regular size. My dog is easily upset and scared of thunderstorms. I don't like medicating him so after some research I tried this. He is more calm and I feel better that this is more natural than the meds his vet gave him.   I also have had relief from stressors such as work. I can take it at work and not have to worry about presciptions. It won't make you drowsy. Just less stress and better to cope.   Take on an empty stomach for best results!

A Wonderful Supplement for Sleep

Posted by Reviewer2588465 on Mar 28, 2013

I've found that Tryptophan and Magnesium are what I've needed for a good nights sleep. I stopped waking up several times a night when I started taking these. I don't know if I'll ever stop waking up in the middle of the night completely, but these sure have helped. Try this free sample and give it a shot.

Works well.

Posted by Reviewer1582777 on Dec 09, 2010

I got this sample because I was under extreme stress and thought I'd give them a shot. They do seem to work well, although one capsule at a time is enough. The one time I took two, I had very vivid Kafka-dreams. That's not an effect limited to this product though - I once took too much Melissa and had terrible nightmares - so I'll certainly order these again when the need arises.