Tryptophan

Posted by TinVal on Aug 16, 2012

Tryptophan is a precursor to serotonin, a hormone contributing to the feelings of well-being, and people with low levels of serotonin are prone to depression. A study reported in the November 1982, "Psychological Medicine," investigated whether tryptophan could act as an antidepressant. The study involved 150 patients and lasted 12 weeks. It was found that tryptophan significantly improved depression and was not associated with side effects.

A Wonderful Supplement for Sleep

Posted by Reviewer2588465 on Mar 28, 2013

I've found that Tryptophan and Magnesium are what I've needed for a good nights sleep. I stopped waking up several times a night when I started taking these. I don't know if I'll ever stop waking up in the middle of the night completely, but these sure have helped. Try this free sample and give it a shot.

Does what it says it will.

Posted by Reviewer2930379 on May 14, 2012

It really helps to alleviate depression and control mood swings. I prefer it to 5-htp as it seems to last longer.

*****Calmed dog from thunderstorms*******

Posted by coconut on Jun 25, 2012

I enjoyed this sample so much I bought the regular size. My dog is easily upset and scared of thunderstorms. I don't like medicating him so after some research I tried this. He is more calm and I feel better that this is more natural than the meds his vet gave him.   I also have had relief from stressors such as work. I can take it at work and not have to worry about presciptions. It won't make you drowsy. Just less stress and better to cope.   Take on an empty stomach for best results!

Works well.

Posted by Reviewer1582777 on Dec 09, 2010

I got this sample because I was under extreme stress and thought I'd give them a shot. They do seem to work well, although one capsule at a time is enough. The one time I took two, I had very vivid Kafka-dreams. That's not an effect limited to this product though - I once took too much Melissa and had terrible nightmares - so I'll certainly order these again when the need arises.

great

Posted by Reviewer1123278 on May 11, 2010

very happy with product, grateful that in this economy, some people know it is still a good idea to offer samples.

Nighty night

Posted by Reviewer2167605 on May 29, 2009

Catch some ZZZZZZZZZs -- they work!

Like a prescription sleep aid

Posted by francesjoan on May 28, 2009

It works just as effective as a prescription sleep aid. I add one lysine 500mg amino acid pill,niacin and some sleepy herbal tea mix to the trptophan. It's a mix that similar to the Life Extension brand of tryptophan. I bought two bottles of the powder tryptophan and plan to use as needed usually about 3-4 times per week.

Good sleep aid

Posted by Reviewer2175626 on Jun 05, 2009

Gentle but effective serotonin boost without nausea.

works