10% Off Orders Over $40!

St. Dalfour, Gourmet on the Go, French Bristro, Tuna & Pasta, 6 Pack, 6.2 oz (175 g) Each

Delicious authentic French food...but the GMO corn!

Posted by PurplePegasus on May 08, 2012

This is absolutely truly delicious and tastes like authentic French food, it reminds me quite a bit of Salade Niçoise with the exquisite flavor of the oils and green beans with potatoes; this is something I have never tasted here in the States, and even the tuna is very different from American: I added a bit of a can of tuna and what a mistake, the flavors do not compare! The French tuna is excellent, very meaty and without a canned fishy taste. I am giving this 5 stars (for taste) but with reservations: the sweetcorn is GMO! If you don't know what GMOs are I urge you to watch the Vimeo by Jeffrey M Smith. And so I've been meticulously fishing out all the corn and this is a huge bother as there is a lot of corn, which is unnatural of classic French cuisine: unless it has sadly been introduced there in the last decades by Monsanto, French people simply do not eat corn has it has long been considered nothing but fattening pig feed in France and with good reasons! Luckily I've never cared for the taste, even before the 90's when it was turned GMO. My other gripe is that St. Dalfour touts itself as a healthy line but none of its foods are organic! And because I have MCS and organic foods are a must for my condition, I'm really torn here. I will probably purchase again as the taste is quite addictive, but will try to make this a rare occasional treat; also the pasta is white flour! Probably the least healthy thing on my diet but there is very little pasta.

New try

Posted by Reviewer1050148 on Apr 28, 2011

I do not like the taste of this, and after eating one can I was sick for a few hours until my body got rid of it.

Strange taste

Posted by Reviewer2364115 on Apr 27, 2011

Weird taste. Won't buy again.

Good emergency food | Possible GMO Alert: corn, xantham and guar gums

Posted by Non-GMO on Jun 27, 2012

I myself am gluten free, but I have bought these for my spouse and other family members. All like it! The tuna is wild caught and dolphin safe. Extra virgin olive oil. Mostly excellent ingredients; however, not organic. Sweet corn grown in France is not GMO. They have only approved GMO corn for animal feed; however, it is possible that they import the sweet corn. I have contacted St Dalfour to inquire about GMOs and BPA. When I hear back, I will update this review.

Very tasty.

Posted by Reviewer3126648 on Oct 02, 2012

Convenient, when on the go. Helps me stear away from junk food.