Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Starwest Botanicals, Fennel Seed Whole, Organic, 1 lb

Reviews 1-star

'filler' seeds, not just fennel

Posted by 4842858112994748305 on Jan 14, 2014

This is my first and only review and I feel compelled to save others the trouble of buying a product that is clearly more than just fennel seeds. There seem to be some other dried flowers/herbs/potpourri thing going on. It's fine if you are soaking in hot water to make a fennel tea but these are not the tasty after dinner minty seeds which can be eaten raw. Not what one thinks of when they think of fennel seeds. The first and only out of a hundred iherb products which I am disappointed by and thus my effort to write the review.

Quality not always the best...

Posted by 5322656975059102429 on Feb 20, 2014

Last bag I bought was good enough, but this time it was quite bad. Very sharp taste - did not taste like fennel.

great to chew on for optimal digestion

Posted by emanuela on Mar 06, 2011

I loved my first bag of Starwest Botanicals. It tasted a bit like licorice and helped with digestion. However, the last batch tastes like dry/rotten fennel-shaped and unappetising vegetable seeds. I hope this is just an off batch.

Absolutely uneatable

Posted by Reviewer2834180 on Mar 01, 2013

This was my first purchase of Starwest Bontanicals Fennel Seeds. No way can they be chewed or used in cooking. They are dry/hard/rotten smelling/ unappetising and filled with some sort of debris. The good reviews must have received something I didn't. I am so disappointed in this purchase and will not buy again.