Starwest Botanicals, Kelp Powder, Organic, 1 lb

4 out of 5 based on 180 reviews

Great Sea Kelp

Posted by Reviewer1804840 on Mar 05, 2012

I use Sea Kelp for facial mask and scrub. Add water in and way to go. Sea Kelp is great on my face. The smell is like Seaweed. The price is right and organic.

Blecchhh!

Posted by Reviewer1748983 on Feb 01, 2011

This is the most disgusting thing I have ever eaten.

kelp powder

Posted by Reviewer1718706 on Feb 03, 2011

I was pleased with the amount of power for the price, but find it suspiciously tasteless. The kelp I'd previously used was more like a ground kelp with flakes large enough to recognize as kelp. It also had a slightly fishy taste that, while not tasty, was also not overpowering - such that I could eat it sprinkled on top of my jelly toast. iHerb's powder is, as I mentioned without taste, but of a consistency that it can be felt on my tongue when I eat my toast. In all, I prefer my old brand. Unfortunately, I cannot find it anywhere, so until the bag I bought from iHerb is gone, I will make do. Then I will look for another brand with a product more like my old one. Jodi

You can do nice with this

Posted by Reviewer1192298 on Jan 27, 2012

I rate it this high because I understand it's very healthy. We made a delicious sauce out of it together with some cashew powder, sunflower seed powder and buckwheat powder, salt, garlic, olive oil, sweet pepper powder. The taste is not very contrasting and it's rather like very fine granules than powder, so when making foods with it you need to be the one to add taste and smoothness to it.

Made in China.

Posted by Reviewer2184515 on Jul 24, 2012

I don't trust organic products from China. This didn't taste very good either. I won't be buying again.