is it "opened"

Posted by Reviewer3076633 on Oct 12, 2010

Algae is indigestible by humans unless the cell wall has been opened by milling or sound waves or something - I can't find any information about whether this is opened or not and other nutrtitional analysis, such as heavy, metals. Since it is grown in China I'd be concerned about that.

Really Disapointed

Posted by Reviewer3316787 on Mar 03, 2012

This spirulina is really slimy and horrible to take in water which I did with Now Foods spirulina. I have had many different brands of spirulina over a 20year period and have never tasted anything like this. I took one teaspoon and considered sending it back. What a waste of money. Whats more is, there is not organic standard in China and even its food standards are very lose and highly controversial.

great and cheap spirulina

Posted by Reviewer2550888 on Sep 07, 2010

This was the cheapest Spirulina that I could find in the stores, or on the Internet (1 lb/$25). It is a product of great quality, organic, and it tastes like good spirulina. I use one tbsp of it every morning, blended with some almond milk and ground-up Chia seed. It makes a great substitution for breakfast. Since i started using it, I noticed that my blood-sugar level does not fluctuate as it used to. I do not need to carry around snacks with me anymore. I have recommended it to friends already. I really hope they will keep selling it for a very long time!

Disappointed - Product from CHINA

Posted by Reviewer2329505 on Mar 14, 2013

I didn't notice that the product is from China until I opened the box from iHerb, and didn't check out the reviews before purchase. I guess the word Organic was enough for me so didn't read the description fully after that where it says the origin is China. I have no intention of consuming this particular product.

Incredible!

Posted by Reviewer2543096 on Jul 19, 2012

I've just started putting spirulina in my morning fruit smoothy....In my morning rush to make it to my nursing job at 6:45 it provides a wonderful burst of energy that lasts 'til lunch....I really don't need to lose weight but can see how this could help....It seems to keep me sated 'til lunch with as I indicated before, plenty of wonderful energy and an up mood! One added bonus...I started rinsing out my blender and dumping the residue into my house plants and they love it too! The only 'downside' is it turns my smoothies a kinda ugly color... but the benefits are well worth the good natured teasing.... and also I REALLY notice a difference in my energy level if I don't get my dose or leave my smoothie on the counter in my rush to get out the door.....

Great prize for organic spirulina

Posted by Reviewer2778088 on Sep 24, 2010

but seems Chinese spirulina has lower B-!2 than Pacifican? There are no nutrition information on the package or on their site. Still they seems very serious.

Superb Product!

Posted by 5470427476435169210 on Apr 22, 2015

First I must say to all the negative reviewers, you are robbing yourselves of vital nutrients that your body need! I've been taking this product for the past 5 years and let me stress how much my health has improved over that period. No more hard stools, no more sleepless nights, no more moodyness, no more pimples, no more menstrual issues, no more frequent trips to the bathroom and the list goes on! This product is execellent in so many ways and every adult on this planet should be taking this truly remarkable product!

Will never buy this again!!!!

Posted by 5025271167947713500 on Sep 29, 2012

Did not see the Product originated in China. If it had been openly mentioned, I never would have brought it. Called for a refund, too bad, buyer beware response. Never again.

Organic, but not as tastey as Source Naturals Spirulina

Posted by Reviewer1534079 on Apr 23, 2010

I will switch back to Source Naturals Spirulina next time. It is not organic, but it tasted so much better than this one, and I noticed the energy boost within days.

Spongebob...lol

Posted by Reviewer3280775 on Jul 17, 2010

This is my number one product. I mix this with fresh carrot and apple juice. It is the green of the green, you cant get no greener than this. The smell is strong but u can hardly taste it the way i mix it. It kinda reminds you of a chalky taste