Disappointed - Product from CHINA

Posted by Reviewer2329505 on Mar 14, 2013

I didn't notice that the product is from China until I opened the box from iHerb, and didn't check out the reviews before purchase. I guess the word Organic was enough for me so didn't read the description fully after that where it says the origin is China. I have no intention of consuming this particular product.

origin: China -> AVOID at all costs !!!

Posted by emanuela on Jan 24, 2014

Need I say more? This comes from China, a heavily polluted country You just CANNOT TRUST that it is free of contaminants or good quality. What a shame! Do yourself a favour and avoid this product and any other "superfoods" from China, except perhaps goji berries (as they come from the mountainous regions) Hope this information helps you keep good health!

Will never buy this again!!!!

Posted by 5025271167947713500 on Sep 29, 2012

Did not see the Product originated in China. If it had been openly mentioned, I never would have brought it. Called for a refund, too bad, buyer beware response. Never again.

Not great for a first time spirulina user

Posted by 4674949621552767562 on Oct 29, 2013

I should've read all the reviews on this before purchasing. First it's origin is China, which is questionable. There is no other information on the packet such as recommended dosage, recommended usage or nutritional content. When I put it in my smoothie, it had a strong seaweed taste. After three morning smoothies, didn't feel any of the health benefits that I had read about but instead I developed a terrible headache. I don't even get headaches from coffee withdrawal, so I was a little worried and have discontinued use. My digestive clock seems to be off as well now and I'm very regular. Even though it is less expensive than most other spirulina powders on the market, I wouldn't go with this one, primarily because of the lack of information on the labels. There are too many open questions.

disgusting taste

Posted by 5038289026070992199 on Mar 06, 2014

How can someone to take this into his mouth? just the smell could make me sick. I would never buy this brand anymore

Very poor in Nutritional Value (Data sent to me by "Starwest Botanicals").

Posted by Reviewer2366222 on Jun 21, 2014

11253 Trade Center Drive, Rancho Cordova, CA 95742 (916) 638-8100 FAX: (916) 853-7112 Herbs – Spices – Essential oils NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PRODUCT NAME:SPIRULINA POWDER ORGANIC BOTANICAL NAME:Spirulina platensis Nutrition Facts Serving Size: (100 grams) Amount Per Serving Calories: 355 % Daily Value* Total Fat 2g 3% Saturated Fat 2g 10% Cholesterol 0mg 0% Sodium 13mg 1% Total Carbohydrates 17gr 6% Dietary Fiber 18g 72% Sugars 10g ~ Protein 66g 132% Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Iron 0% Calcium 2% *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs

Spirulina

Posted by Reviewer2988663 on Nov 19, 2010

great product,i take it because its good for you and put it in my shakes i like the taste.