It's great!

Posted by 4834071232528862495 on Apr 14, 2016

I mix it with soy milk and some other sugar free powder. You really can't tell if there's protein powder in it, which means the flavor is mild or it goes well with soy milk.

Tried many, this one is the best

Posted by 5570552056334465723 on Dec 06, 2015

I never found any kind of powder that doesn't always have an after taste of feel gritty. This one is the exception, taste is great, I mixed it with frozen blueberries and almond milk. It is a little gritty, but I've tried much much worth, plus I feel great with that one (I have IBS) when other brands made me feel sick. It's a keeper! Plus a big thank you to Iherb, I got my delivery in only three days!! and I live in Taiwan!!

Overpriced and chalky

Posted by Reviewer1745576 on Nov 04, 2015

I can't understand why this powder is so highly rated. Yes, it is healthy and "natural," but why does it have to taste so bad? You simply can't cover up the chalky texture of this powder nor it's taste, which is similar to dirt. I gave to 2 stars because it's natural and healthy, but it's not worth it when you can buy EPIC veggie protein powder for around the same price and it's 10x better.

Rice Protein = The Best Protein

Posted by MinnaSuvi on Sep 13, 2015

A protein powder that is 100% vegan and doesn't have any unnecessary flavorings. I like that. This is actually the best non-sweetened rice protein there is. That said, rice protein itself isn't that tasteful, so be prepared if you're trying it for the first time. The taste is quite thick and chalky, but it mixes well with liquid and makes great smoothies, so you can mix it with something good. Will repurchase.

Great protein powder

Posted by katiem on Jun 06, 2015

I use this in banana and berry smoothies with oat milk, Vital Greens and tahini. It took a little while for me to get into it but now I can't have smoothies without it because I love the taste! I don't find it grainy or mealy, but it does make the smoothies feel thicker, more like the texture of a thick shake compared to a milk shake (compared to the same ingredients without it). I've been using it for a few years now and will continue to use it.

taste awful

Posted by 5523811964648601512 on May 28, 2015

Can't mix with my beetroot juice like I used to do with other whey protein.. awful taste

The best protein powder

Posted by Reviewer1704230 on Jul 24, 2014

I ordered this for my husband, who works out a lot and has a demanding job. He has tried other protein powders, but not been happy with them. He Can not tolerate whey proteins, so this one is a better choice. He tried several others with rice protein as well, but none of them seem to live up to the standard of sun warrior. Will recommend to everyone who wants a quality protein! We have used the natural flavor, and though it doesn't taste like a mouthwatering smoothie, it's quite alright. You feel good after drinking it, and when mixing it with the milk of your choice, it tastes good enough for us.

A Bit Chalky but good

Posted by 5534303202323310979 on Jun 27, 2014

This is a chalky type of protein but once you mix it in a smoothy it is palatable. Does not give me tummy ache or bloating.

riceprotein

Posted by 5525682019901337858 on Apr 09, 2014

Smell & taste are very bad!

Strong taste but palatable

Posted by hollyhockfields on Apr 07, 2014

I must admit that I was really surprised at the strength of the flavour of this protein powder. I got natural or "unflavoured" protein powder because I always get tired of how sweet the flavourings usually are. With most powders, no matter if you add things to them, the sweeteners always dominate. I mixed up my first smoothie with this powder, berries and a banana. YUCK! It was absolutely horrible. The brown rice protein completely dominated and I only forced half of it down before I put the powder in the cupboard for a good week. I decided to bite the bullet and do a bit of experimentation. I found that if I put peanut butter (with banana and honey) or coconut milk (with berries or any thing else) it killed the brown rice flavour and was palatable, may I even say, enjoyable! It must be something to do with the fats. So just be prepared, this is a great protein that fills you up, is completely raw and great for your body, but you will need to overcome the taste.