July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Surya Henna, Brasil Cream, Hair Coloring & Hair Treatment Cream with Organic Extracts, Dark Brown, 2.31 fl oz (70 ml)

Reviews 4-star

Surya Henna, Brasil Cream, Hair Coloring & Hair Treatment, Dark Brown, 2.31 fl oz (70 ml)

Posted by Reviewer2981069 on Sep 15, 2009

The product is as I had expected to be. Easy to apply; leave hair soft. The color last for around 3 weeks but it does not ruin my hair with chemicals, namely, ammonia and peroxide.

Surya Henna, Brasil Cream, Hair Coloring & Hair Treatment Cream, Dark Brown

Posted by Reviewer1196570 on May 16, 2008

Very dark. Covered my gray completely. Does not appear to be washing out as quickly as other brands. My only hesitation in recommending it is that it does not seem quite as gentle as powdered formulas. Experienced a bit of burning/tingling. Do skin patch test to check for allergies! I didn't!

Fairly good, but does not cover gray

Posted by Reviewer1767172 on Jun 29, 2008

I was so excited to have found this product on iherb and, reading glowing reviews, decided to try it. The pros: it is SO easy to use, compared to the powder form; it doesn't smell (i.e., no chemicals) like traditional and even other "natural" coloring solutions; the ingredients seem much safer to use than other coloring products; it does moisturize my dry, over-processed hair; supposedly, any stains on clothing will easily wash off (haven't tried it yet); and the color turned out pretty natural looking. The only con: I'm bummed that the product did not color my gray hair. One reviewer suggested using lemon juice beforehand to ready the hair for the solution, so I'm going to try that next month.

Dark Brown Hair coloring

Posted by Reviewer2034783 on Dec 09, 2010

The color is dark brown for about a week, fading gradually. The hair then looks nicely and naturally striped, with dark brown color and a little lighter brown color. (I have been using this product for many months). Whats not nice about this is that I can see the color dripping of when I rinse my hair with water after the shampooing (using the Surya Henna conditioner helps with this problem) The towel gets a little brownish too for about 2 weeks. I use a towel on my pillow at night for the same reasons. I find it more messy then the powder haircolor. Too bad that the powder haircoloring comes out too reddish.

Good compromise

Posted by Reviewer2603367 on Jul 07, 2011

I use it to dye my roots every 2 weeks and if I let it for 60 or 90 minutes it gives a very good and lasting coverage. It is also very good on the whole hair as I have the impression that it is conditioning. But the coloring agents are not 100% natural as there are some semi-permanent chemical colors in it and this is the reason for the good coverage. On the other hand they seem to be not (that) dangerous for the human health like conventional hair dye, so it is a good compromise.