Lush Brown

Posted by 4947699612313403966 on Jul 04, 2013

I like to mix in a little bit of surya black henna cream with dark brown. Easy to apply and the colour fades after about 3 or 4 weeks. Hair is lovely and shiny.

YOU must start with CLEAN hair

Posted by Reviewer1379244 on Jun 28, 2013

you should leave it in as long as possible AND start with squeaky clean hair . Many people dont use henna properly and complain at the results... Your hair MUST be FRESHLY washed.(shampoo ONLY NO conditioner)..towel dry and apply henna . Wrap in plastic and leave on as long as you can..minimum 2 hours I like to leave it on for 4. The colour then takes MUCH better. Also after colouring I try not to wash my hair for 3 days....

They changed the formula!

Posted by Reviewer1576264 on Jun 26, 2013

I've been using this product for a couple of years and loved it. The color doesn't last long (I have to redye it every 2 weeks), but it made my hair look great. The last boxes of the dark brown that I bought were defective. The henna wasn't ground up fine and there was pieces of what felt like small stones and sand in the solution. As I was applying it to my hair, these pieces were falling all over the floor, counter top and into the sink, staining everything purple. I'd like to change to another hair coloring system (natural, of course), but I can't apply anything else until all the henna is out of my hair and my hair is all white. Not something I look forward to!

Great Product most of the time

Posted by Reviewer1599776 on Apr 16, 2013

This product does provide great grey coverage and doesn't irritate my scalp. The only problem I have had is with 3 bottles not working and having dried up little chunks in it. These same bottles also didn't hold there color and washed out almost completely the first shampoo after coloring. This is frustrating since it takes almost an hour and a half for the whole process and also because each bottle is a little more then $9!

Not so bad

Posted by Reviewer1849347 on Apr 15, 2013

Color did not last more than a week. Grey coverage so so..

A guy's perspective: amazing

Posted by Reviewer1907961 on Apr 01, 2013

I used to be in the entertainment industry in LA and would occasionally get my hair colored because I was operating in such an appearance oriented environment. But I haven't been able to justify the cost ($65+ in LA) now that I'm out of that world. However, my daughter for the first time pointed out that I'm getting a lot of gray hair so I added this product to my cart last order to iHerb thinking, "What the hell." To learn how to use it I went onto YouTube and watche a video made by Surya that was very helpful. Then I went at it. I only needed to leave the product on for 20 min. to get the desired effect and I only had to use a little bit of it because I have short hair. Now my brown hair is back to being brown not brown with gray and it barely took any time at all and I only used about one fifth of the bottle, which means each repeat treatment will cost about $2! The product comes with gloves and a hair cover so you don't need anything else if your hair is short except a pair of scissors to snip the bottle open. This is a highly viable option to keep me looking my best and very economical. I am quite sure it will become a permanent part of my hair routine. Probably I'll have to do it once a month, if that.

Smells great but colour is still washing out days after!

Posted by 5172636253617443133 on Jan 07, 2013

I wish I could rate this product higher but the colour is still coming out of my hair 2 days later after 5 or 6 shampoos! The colour has stained two of my pillowcases (luckily has come out with stain remover) and it also went too dark but that could have been my fault for leaving it on too long. It smells much better than the henna I was using from lush and I would use this again but I recommend monitoring the colour change and covering your pillowcase with a towel for a few nights so that you don't ruin your cover or pillow

Have to say, very good!!

Posted by 5179741904477545869 on Dec 09, 2012

I used just for men and started developing the worst allergic reactions,puss filled bumped that itch insanely. I thought I would try this and was extremely pleased. I find I can have this last 3 weeks if I use a mild shampoo. I hope they come out with something for facial hair!! btw...I leave in for 1.50 hours, then rinse and blow dry my hair feels great, scalp feel great.... Thank you Surya :)

Good Product

Posted by Reviewer1510326 on Nov 18, 2012

This is my 2nd time using this product. The dark brown is perfect for my black hair & has complete grey coverage. It's easy to use with no mixing & the results are moisturized hair with rich color. Will use again.

Fényes haj

Posted by Reviewer3075944 on Oct 05, 2012

Nagyon szép fényt és mély színt ad a hajamnak, de sajnos az őszeket egyáltalán nem fedte be. Csak annak ajánlom, akinek nincs ősz hajszála. Ilyen esetben viszont kiváló!