AMAZING PRODUCT!

Posted by Reviewer1508236 on Feb 02, 2009

When I first started going gray, I dreamed of a product that would just color the grays, and leave the rest of my hair natural. Surya does this! I just went a few shades lighter than my natural dark brown and now it just looks like caramel streaks. In addition, because Surya Henna fades out, rather than grows out, you never get that skunk stripe along the part in your hair. It works out to just pennies per application and leaves your hair soft, shiny and natural looking - not chemically treated or dyed. Being able to color my hair at home saves major $$$ and time on salon visits. And it couldn't be easier: just shampoo, rub in, leave in, and rinse out. I never review products on line usually (too lazy) but I want this company to do well so they never go out of business!!! Try this before you reach for the Miss Clairol. Once you start chemically dying, you can't go back, so it's worth a try. Good Luck! jackie nyc, ny

Great Product!

Posted by Reviewer2804209 on Sep 30, 2008

This is my first experience with coloring my hair. I have medium brown hair with at least fifty percent gray in the front half of my hair. Also the front in general is lighter than the back. What I wanted was for this henna to tint the gray a light blond/brown to blend in with the front hair. It did! It looked so natural not even my mother knew what I had done(and I see her everyday). Really, it looks like I have highlighted my hair in the front. Now where the gray had been like white highlights, it now has a blond highlighted effect. I did not leave the product on but about 15 minutes... I was afraid there could be too much color change in the gray hair. So this was a good product for me. It was not red at all, just a golden brown like the name implies. I will use it again.

what i wish i'd known

Posted by Reviewer1202656 on Oct 16, 2010

If you have lots of gray, Surya Cream is probably not for you. It fades VERY quickly. I’m about 70% gray; my original color was dark brown. After 4 washings my hair would be a different shade, going from about a 5 to a 4 in conventional dye terms. Insofar as the frequent claim that Surya leaves no skunk line, that can only be true if you’re covering very little gray. My roots were as prominent with Surya as with any other dye, but because Surya fades so fast, the line was not rigid. Surya also brought out the orange in my grays. At first it was slight, and I limited it by blending golden brown and light brown. But over several months, sections of my hair became straight-up orange. The instruction sheet says Surya is “semipermanent…meaning the color dissipates after several washings.” This was true only when I wanted the color to last. Once I wanted to get rid of it, I couldn’t. Having foolishly believed what I read online about Surya washing out in 7 to 9 shampoos, I stopped dyeing. After a dozen shampoos, my hair wasn’t getting much lighter—but it was turning even more orange. Twice I emailed the company for assistance at the address on the box and got no answer. So I called and was told that the dye does not completely wash out of gray hair and that the orange was unavoidable once I stopped dyeing. I was also told that the orange I got when dyeing regularly was the result of dyeing too often (which was necessary due to rapid fading), even though the instruction sheet says Surya “can be used frequently with no time interval.” Finally, as noted elsewhere online, this product contains chemicals galore. If that’s a concern, give Surya Cream a pass. I’ve decided to go back to my natural color. The first professional I consulted about the transition refused to touch my hair; he said the only solution was cutting it all off. I then saw another pro, who will add highlights to soften the transition and partly camouflage the orange. He explained that standard color correction is indeed impossible after using this product. I’m posting this info at every site where I bought Surya Cream so that others can learn from my mistake. Good luck, ladies!

WOW

Posted by Reviewer2571764 on Jan 03, 2009

What a great product. I used it a couple of weeks ago and the shine is still great. The color looks very natural and my hair feels really soft. I have naturally dark brown hair with probably at least 50% gray. My hair has also been color treated at a salon for the last few years with semi-permanent rinses and lots of highlights on top to help blend the color when it would grow out. Now, I can see that this product will do what I've been paying a fortune for. I will use this again, and again. And recommend it to only my best friends!

great for gray

Posted by Reviewer1939385 on Jun 03, 2009

covers gray hair. They look like natural high lights. just love it. Very good alternative to chemical hair color products.

Great product, easy application!

Posted by Reviewer3074368 on Jun 10, 2009

For years I used the powdered hennas and mixed up the muddy concoction myself to apply to my hair but always yearned for a simpler method. The Surya Cream henna gives me just that. Simpler, quicker application in half the time. Granted the color doesn't seem to last quite as long as the powder brand, but the ease of use makes up for it as you can even save the unused creme henna for a touchup later. Love it!

Surya

Posted by Reviewer2904407 on May 21, 2009

Very good. I am using this product for 3 years now.

FABULOUS NATURAL HAIR COLOR

Posted by Reviewer2648900 on Mar 22, 2009

I've tried every brand of natural hair color and this is the best. Easy, safe, non-toxic. Color is great. Very good gray coverage. I touch up the hairline and part weekly and my hairdresser does the whole head monthly. Highly recommended.

Best hair coloring I have ever used!

Posted by Reviewer1673820 on Aug 06, 2009

I have tried many hair colors and have found Surya Cream to be my very favorite, especially the Golden Brown. I love the fact that it is natural and makes my hair feel silky, too!!

Good Stuff

Posted by Reviewer2935592 on Mar 17, 2009

Product arrived on time and worked! I still am pleased with how long it is lasting. I plan to order it again.