Fantastic stuff - finally a holy grail!

Posted by Reviewer1641233 on Jul 08, 2009

I have very fine, blonde, sun/chlorine bleached hair and have had a real problem finding a leave in conditioner that didn't have silicone or tons of protein. Most I have tried dry my hair out (giovanni, bwc) due to the soy protein content. This stuff is REALLY nice. It contains lots of natural oils but doesn't seem to leave my hair greasy - just soft and shiny. I have tried everything under the sun to treat my dry ends. Everything with cones leaves it flat/greasy, but nothing else seems to give it slip and moisture on the ends. Finally I am just conditioner washing with this as a leave in, and sometimes I use the Nubian Heritage black soap as a shampoo to periodically clarify chlorine etc. as I swim most days. This has a small amount of rice protein at the bottom of the ingredients list but doesn't seem to bother my hair. You get TONS of product for the price and I only need a small amount. I am going to use this as a pre-wash treatment as well due to the oil content. Definitely a total bargain and would recommend it to anybody. In addition - it states that it reduces volume but to be honest that is more from the smoothing it gives - without silicone so no build-up. It did not make my hair flat anyway.

I like it so far.

Posted by Reviewer1486757 on Mar 25, 2009

I just tried this on dry hair and it left my curly hair defined and moisturized. I notice that my hair looks shinier and that color looks brighter.

Naturally Good!!!

Posted by Reviewer2014924 on Sep 28, 2009

First of all, it smells delightful!!! I washed with the shampoo and then used this leave-in conditioner. I then, blowed dried on low heat setting and then lightly flat ironed my hair. The results were fabulous!!! I have a salon lookn for pennies compared to what my stylist would have charged me. Also, my hair looks and feel clean plus the bouncy full head of hair look is worth a million dollars as I have medium to fine hair and very little bounce til I used this product. In addition, this leave-in conditioner was also used on my 23 year old hair and her 5 year old daughter's hair with excellent results as well. Get this, my daughter asked me to order her some with my last order and vows to use nothing else on her and my granddaughter's hair. One thing though, I use it on my dry hair just to lightly moisten my ends every night and my husband is crazy about the light coconut scent...well, so am I. Ladies, this product may not make your hair look shiny and healthy if you just blow dry it; however, the shine really comes through when used with you hot appliance i.e. like curling iron or flat iron. I know that my hair is healthier and the ingredients are awesome too plus all safe to use in our little ones hair, so we could not have found a more green product in which the whole family can use. By the way, a little goes a long way and the price is, right!!!!!!!! No purse breaker here just the only product you'll need after you shampoo from, now on (smile).

love love love

Posted by Reviewer2745820 on Mar 05, 2010

this is something I use every other day. my hair is over bleached and died for years now.. I wash it every 2 days and put this in it while its damp. In the morning I put alittle more. without it I have dry, fly away pooofy hair...with it, I have no issues with my hair and I actually like it. It smells decent, and works like magic!

Great leave in for thirsty hair!

Posted by Reviewer2947980 on Aug 19, 2009

Works well on my thick, curly hair. Provides great moisture.

great looking hair

Posted by Reviewer2768875 on Apr 22, 2009

This is fabulous stuff. It makes my hair look and feel like silk without any kind of greasy look, just great shine.

Surya Henna L-I Cream

Posted by Reviewer2798478 on Jun 26, 2010

I love this leave-in cream conditioner for fine/curly hair. If you are of African American mix race you know what I mean about frizzy hair that you usually use gel or other products to control it. Surya is wonderful after shampooing; it keeps my hair silky and the color very shiny. Your hair will look very healthy and hydrated. It also works nice on dry hair.

Another STAPLE PRODUCT for curly, dry, tangled hair!!. I ended up falling in love with it!!

Posted by 5lanvianvil on Sep 02, 2015

This product was a great surprise for me. I have long, very dry, very curly, protein sensitive and highlighted hair that tangles extremely easy so I need moisturizing products that help in my detangling process. This leave-in works really good: detangles, repairs, softens, moisturizes, reduces frizz and facilitates hair styling. I’m impressed: my hair feels EXTREMELY SILKY AND COMPLETELY DETANGLED when I use this product. I like the composition: it has MOISTURIZING CUPUAÇU BUTTER but no silicones, no phthalates, no phenoxyethanol, no PEGs, no parabens, no artificial colors or fragrances, no alcohol…; but, above all, the most important fact for me is THE LACK OF COCONUT OIL OR HUGE AMOUNTS OF PROTEIN (ingredients that leave my hair tangled and dry, so I HATE and avoid both of them). However, there is a small amount of rice protein (I don’t mind, this product is very effective despite this ingredient) and benzyl alcohol (its hazard is 5 according to EWG, so I give it only 4 stars because benzyl alcohol isn’t at the end of the ingredient list; but, if I take into account its efficacy despite benzyl alcohol I would give it 100 stars). I love the consistency: “medium” texture but very “effective” and creamy (not too watery or too thick, I hate extremely runny or extremely thick textures difficult to spread…), so a little goes a long way. The scent is light and pleasant due to ylang ylang (cananga odorata) essential oil: sometimes you can feel clearly its floral and exotic smell. I prefer this very moisturizing leave-in instead of knot today (one of my favorite products in the past) which detangles very good but unfortunately dries my hair if I use it for a long period of time. Definitely, I would recommend this fantastic product for protein sensitive, curly, dry hair and for summer time. Thanks for shipping us this amazing product (there are a lot of countries like mine where natural as well as effective products are very difficult to find).

Fantastic leave-in!

Posted by Reviewer2565522 on Aug 04, 2016

I've slowly been switching my products over to more natural and cruelty-free products that are vegan friendly. I first learned about this leave-in cream conditioner from Tia Blanco's YouTube channel and figured I'd give it a try. Safe to say it's my new fave! It's free of parabens and sulfates, as well as silicone and synthetic fragrance. It really does it's job of detangling - I apply after getting out of the shower and my hair is a dream to brush out. Leaves my over-processed hair feeling very soft and full of life - I also really like that it's fragrance free so it's not competing with any other fragrance I may have on. Will definitely be repurchasing.

Hooked

Posted by Reviewer2400570 on Oct 06, 2009

I have used many conditioners, but this one has really made a difference in the texture, body, sheen and growth of my hair. I am difinitely hooked on Surya.