Product Formulation Change

Posted by Reviewer2385733 on Oct 01, 2012

The ingredient panel for the product I received last week contains benzyl alcohol pretty high up on the list and other changes that are not apparent on this website (since 9/18/2012, the date of my order). I'm not planning to use this item anymore since this type of alcohol can be very drying to hair. Anyway, the previous formula coated my hair - giving it a kind of waxy feeling that was acceptable only because I was experimenting with it as a co-wash product that was inexpensive, somewhat natural with key extracts for healthy hair and scalp and felt that the resulting "weight" was okay for my hair style. I wasn't too worried about the DMDM hydantoin (softener/perservative) or phenoxyethanol (preservative) that was used as a preservative in the prior formula. Wish they could find a way to make it with all the extracts and without the benzyl alcohol.Oh well, - inexpensive, somewhat natural, has some key (ayurvedic) ingredients such as buruti oil, capuaca butter, alma and ylang ylang oil, and other extracts, but not for me anymore. Don't think it helped at all with color retention. iherb offered to refund my purchase cost, but the shipping cost to return the item was almost as much as the purchase price!

Helt grei balsam

Posted by Reviewer3153177 on Aug 04, 2013

Funket ikke helt på mitt hår:)

Surya Restorative Conditioner

Posted by Reviewer1047232 on May 24, 2008

I just used it for the first time today and liked the conditioning. I do wish it had some fragrance, but overall would reorder this product.

myrabro45@yahoo.com

Posted by Reviewer1580505 on Jan 26, 2010

Very nice, I trust their product line.

OK