Surya Henna, Henna Cream, Hair Coloring & Hair Treatment, Black, 2.31 fl oz (70 ml)

Favourite product

Posted by Reviewer2387786 From Canada on Apr 02, 2011

I'm Asian and used "natural" hair colors like Herbatint, Naturtint and Tints of Nature, but found that all of them dried my hair terribly (particularly Tints of Nature). Have been using Surya Cream for about 9 months and now have very shiny hair. If I run out of conditioner, it still looks and feels soft and healthy. Unfortunately, Surya doesn't quite cover the newest growth white hair near in one spot, no matter how long I leave it on or whether I use dark brown or black. But it blends the color well enough not to look weird. I've found what works best is to color every 3 to 3.5 weeks and to touch up the roots once in between, because once the hair has been colored once or more, it seems to "take" the new application better. I'm probably about 30% grey, and even though I need to color often, it is very simple (I put it in a small plastic container and use a gloved hand to apply) and I much prefer the way Surya henna washes and grows out, without a distinct line at any time. There is a lot of variation in the product thickness (from very runny to hard to get out of the bottle), but it works regardless. For my chin-length hair, I get a few sessions from one bottle. I use more form-fitting latex gloves for easier application and put a reusable hotel-type shower cap on top while the color sets. So far, this is the best product I've found for my hair type and coloring needs.

Not easy to rinse out the product, but color turn out naturally

Posted by Reviewer2397118 From Michigan on May 06, 2008

After time of application not easy to rinse out the product. Color turn out naturally (I wait 90 minutes than rinse out). Cannot just rinse by water, so I use shampoo to remove the product. Be sure to apply Vaseline around the hair-line, ears and neck to avoid staining on skin before dyeing.

Surya colour is great!

Posted by Reviewer2080685 From Great Britain on Feb 17, 2008

The best non-PPD containing black colour I've tried. Even covers my grey roots (I'm 80% grey).

best hair color ever

Posted by Reviewer1573583 From California on Mar 13, 2011

This cream henna is great for dark brown hair. It deeply conditions and has helped my hair recover from years of regular drugstore hair color. I like to alternate between the dark brown and the black. I am a med-dark brunette.

HOOKED!!!

Posted by rossanav From Texas on Jun 07, 2012

I have been using a root touch up kit for years. I bumped into this product while shopping for other things on iherb. I read all the reviews, and decided to try it. I have dark brown hair with natural highlights. I always use medium brown, so l ordered the dark brown color the first time. I used it and left in on for an hour. It did cover the gray wonderfully, but it had a reddish tint. I ordered black the next time and this worked perfect for my roots. Now l use dark brown on half and black on the other half. No mixing, no smell and you can save unused creme. The best part is that you can do touch ups on parts you missed the first go round. I recommend leaving it on for a whole hour, especially if you have stubborn grays. On top of all this, this product conditions your hair and talk about SHINE!! I use this product 2x a month now. Smells great too.