Swedish Herbal Institute, Kan Jang Junior for Children, Liquid, 16.9 fl oz (500 ml) (Discontinued Item)

Kept the symptoms of cold tolerable

Posted by djsoma on Jan 09, 2013

My 4-year-old son caught fever and rough cough from the recent Christmas Eve family gathering. First we were quite happy to see our normally healthy active boy just mellowing out the whole day, a gift of Christmas Day peace for us, the parents of two. Having ordered this short-date priced liquid herbal glycerite earlier, I could start giving it to him right away. At first he seems to be hesitant about the taste, but later on got accustomed to it. I think it's because of the unnecessary and potentially harmful artificial flavorings in the drink. Anyway the taste is not that bad, and the effect seemed to be calming and easing for his condition. I can't say if it would be enough to cure a child's illness alone, since I also gave my son Amazon herbal healing infusions using 1 ts of dried Macela powder and 1 ts of Ubos (Jamaica Plum) leaf. I got them also from iHerb while they still carried Rain Tree bulk herbs last year. Now it's all discontinued, but please check out Rainforest Database for all the remarkable properties of the medicinal jungle offerings. I also fed him handfuls of Symbiotics Colostrum Plus root beer chewables (another short-dated find, and kids are crazy for them). Once a day I gave him great-tasting Himalaya Herbals' CoughCare syrup, and a mixture of colloidal silver and gold with homeopathic potencies. In the morning he drank juice made of Rainbow Light's Immuno Build Greens (Watermelon flavour) and Madre Lab's Immune Punch powders. We played we punched the germs, viruses and bacteria away by hitting the air. I explained him that if he happily took all this medicine he would be sooner ok and have more energy for playtime and having fun. He agreed and was not sick anymore the next day.