Out of curiosity

Posted by 5608931065043377749 on Mar 26, 2014

I tried this sugar as it became a kind of meme on several health conscious cooking blogs. But I wont reorder as I have a sweet tooth and found it wasn't sweet enough for my baking style.

Tasty Healthy

Posted by TropicalUrbanite on Jan 14, 2014

I've been buying this brand. Price is better than other palm sugar on iherb. Tastes authentic, with some coconuty overtone. Use it in my coffee, tea, baking, even cooking. Color is deep and rich. Bits of dark colored residue plant parts may float in my latte as one would expect of natural/organic/unrefined sugars so no big deal. Generally speaking the more brownness a "natural sugar" has, the more mineral content, and the less sweetening effect. So need to put 50% more volume than brown sugar to get same sweetness. Has other health benefits too, some South East Asians use this 'plant flower juice' as a cough syrup.

Great taste

Posted by OKOKOK on Jul 14, 2012

I use this coconut palm sugar more than regular sugar. It taste almost like brown sugar, yummy!

This sugar really rocks

Posted by Reviewer1880669 on Jan 19, 2012

It has a great taste and I don't have to feel anymore guilty about adding sugar into my coffee and cakes. I use it in my home bakery too and the breads get a nice taste.

If you're looking for a coconut sugar, I suggest trying this one

Posted by 5624100677901748259 on Feb 11, 2015

I've been adding this coconut sugar to my tea instead of the regular one for almost a year now. I love how it doesn't make my tea too sweet (in fact, it doesn't make it sweet at all - it just reduces the bitterness) & it doesn't make the flavor unnatural (like Stevia does, in my opinion). Keep in mind that it makes tea appear darker and a bit cloudy. For me one package lasts for around 2.5 months - I drink tea 2-3 times a day and add one teaspoon (5 g) of this sugar every time. I find this sugar to be better quality than the Navitas one and I will definitely repurchase. 4 out of 5 because I wish it didn't change the color and the transparency of my tea. // Пользуюсь этим кокосовым сахаром уже практически год. Мне очень нравится, что он не делает чай ни слишком сладким (он в отличие от сахарного песка скорее просто убирает горечь), ни "синтетическим" (как это, на мой взгляд, делает стивия). Имейте в виду, что этот сахар делает чай более тёмным и несколько мутным. Одного пакета мне хватает месяца на 2.5 - я пью чай 2-3 раза в день, каждый раз добавляя 1 ч.л. (5 г). Этот сахар мне понравился больше, чем аналогичный марки Navitas - определённо буду заказывать его в будущем. Поставила 4 звезды из 5 просто потому, что, конечно, хотелось бы, чтобы не менялись цвет и прозрачность чая.

not for me

Posted by 5237712693351970576 on Oct 24, 2014

In an effort to replace regular sugar, I bought this one. But no! This isn't even sweet...

Just OK sugar alternative Low GI

Posted by Reviewer2726307 on Feb 06, 2012

I am pretty picky when it comes to my coffee. I bought this as a sugar alternative. It just Ok. I am not sure I would buy this again. Not a bad taste, but not for my coffee.

Great Stuff

Posted by Reviewer2541687 on Aug 03, 2012

This is the absolute best non high glycemic sweetener ever. I made some cookies with it and they were excellent, having a brown sugar caramel taste to them. No aftertaste like Xylitol. Highly recommend.

Yum!

Posted by 5344580857688045069 on May 13, 2013

I really love this coconut sugar. It has such a delicious taste!! I use it in my baking and on my cereals, in place of refined sugars. It's Glycemic Index (measure of how quickly blood sugar levels rise after eating a particular food) is 35. For comparison, glucose comes in at 100 and refined white sugar is 80. It is much much cheaper than buying it from my local Organic Store (they charge $30/kg!!). Will definitely keep buying this sugar!

Good value

Posted by 5568449681014944343 on Mar 20, 2013

Smells great. I used when cooking brownies instead of honey but didn't even taste the sweetness at all unfortunately. I haven't thought of anything else to use it in yet...