what's really in it & is this a re-packaged product

Posted by Reviewer1643641 on Dec 01, 2015

I have used this product for years and have loved it. I use it as a leave in conditioner / styling aid. It makes my hair very soft without weighing it down. I'm knocking off stars because I am beginning to question this companies ethics. First I started reading about people questioning the ingredients, but then I come across information that this company buys in bulk from either/or Walmart or Sally Beauty and repackages it as their own product. I think this is where some confusion comes in as to what exactly the ingredients are and that the ingredients vary based on what was re-packaged. The Sally Beauty product that someone referenced has been discontinued & I so far have been unable to match a Walmart product to it. Has anyone else made any headway in researching this?

Do not buy this

Posted by 4762654232445951083 on Nov 29, 2015

It did nothing for my hair and the list of ingredients on the bottle is highly suspicious. It's supposed to contain only water, berries, spices and salt..and no preservatives?? How does this thing not go bad without any preservatives? Plus it smells like cheap lotion.

It really is a miracle!!

Posted by 4832531967092742989 on Sep 27, 2014

I had used Tates conditioner in the past and absolutely loved it! I ran out, but my hair was very healthy, so I didn't worry about ordering more. After several months I noticed that my hair was feeling dry again, and falling out (I have always had very thin hair). I knew it was time to find some more Tates! I loved it from the first day I used it... I don't ever want to be without it!!

Great moisturizer and conditioner

Posted by Reviewer2561790 on Jul 03, 2014

Tate's conditioner for the hair is not only a good hair moisturizer but also works very well at moisturizing the skin on your body,hands and face,I like the fact that Tate's conditioner drys fairly quickly on the hands and does not feel greasy-a big plus when you want to moisturizing your hands and work on your computer keyboard without that greasy felling you get when you use a oil based moisturizer.Product doesn't have much of a smell to it--nothing that someone who is chemically sensitive like myself would have a problem with.I like the fact all the ingredients are natural and the preservatives are also natural in this product,eg.pine needles, thyme and eucalyptus

Light and a good overall cream

Posted by SassySingaporean on May 08, 2014

Has an antiseptic quality to it cos it left a tingly sensation at times to the skin. Light texture so not recommended for skin in temperate countries - won't do much to protect or moisturise in cold climates. Ok for tropical Singapore Good daily hair conditioner but rather expensive

Aunque huele fatal

Posted by 5523938590228122725 on Apr 30, 2014

Me deja el pelo genial. El olor no se queda en el pelo. Eso si, si lo uso tipo crema para la piel si que perdura el olor, y es horrible. No se si su olor debería ser así o es el mío que no está en buenas condiciones, pero funcionar, funciona muy bien. Voy a pedir el champu la proxima vez.

make up remover

Posted by Reviewer2095783 on Apr 04, 2014

Bought this to use as a make-up remove. Does a great job. Not the best on mascara. Has no smell or fragrance.

Not worth the money

Posted by Reviewer2607044 on Jan 20, 2014

The shampoo cleans well if you use enough. I can't imagine mixing it with water like it says and it working well. ? When I wash my hair and work it around my scalp it snarls my hair and then when I rinse it out I still have snarly hair. My hair feels like dried out straw at that point, it's as though it strips the hair of natural oils. Then I put the conditioner on and have to work it into all the snarls and try to pull them out with my fingers. Hair is nice when dry and the scent is pleasant but just not worth it. Conditioner does not prevent static either - wow, this is not a winter conditioner. This may work better if you have chlorinated city water - we have softened well water. Bottom line - Very time consuming to use this shampoo and conditioner and not worth the extremely high cost.

The company is a FRAUD!

Posted by 5407373748093453283 on Jan 04, 2014

DO NOT ORDER THIS PRODUCT BECAUSE OF A FEW REASONS. 1. The product SUCKS. Smells like glue and does not detangle my hair at all. 2. There is no INCI to get ANYWHERE not even from the company it self. 3. if the ingredients are correct the bottle should contain mold when it arrives at your door because is says there is only mashed fruits and no preservatives. 4. The company doesn't respond to any e-mails AT ALL, from any person that is, about getting an INCI or refunding the products. 5. Google "tate's miracle fraud" and click on the link from complaintsboard.com and read what they are doing to people. Yeah. That's just immoral and nasty! Iherb should stop selling this product!

Works well as a cleansing conditioner.

Posted by Reviewer2261183 on Jan 02, 2014

I use conditioner to cleanse, not shampoo, since I have very fine, curly hair (3C). It works quite well: strips build-up but doesn't leave my hair super-dry. I had to use a lot, but I think that's due to the extremely natural ingredients list, which I like a lot. Very low smell, which I also appreciate. I like this product and will probably incorporate it in as part of my standard routine.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »