July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Tate's, The Natural Miracle Shampoo, 18 fl oz

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

BEWARE. The ingredients are not what they are claimed to be.

Posted by Reviewer3166490 on Jun 05, 2014

I used this product for about a year and was very happy with it so gave a glowing review of 5 stars. I have since deleted that review, which was based on my belief from Tate's own advertising that the stated full ingredient list on the bottle was what was actually in the product. That is not so. If I could, I would make it a minus zero star rating for blatant dishonesty but unfortunately I cannot. I did a search on the internet about Tate's products and found many complaints about the company for shonky sales practices and pushy staff members. Those complaints do not affect the product review, HOWEVER, there were numerous other complaints on the net about Tate's falsely advertising their products to come from a "farm-type" setting in the woods where the wife of Lester Tate goes through the fields to pick all of the natural ingredients listed on the pack. Former staff members have said that no such place exists and they work out of this bloke's house using bulk products sourced from Sally's, then bottle the shampoos and conditioners into Tate's own labelled bottles. Also, "Lester Tate" has dealings with "Kathy's Family" products which are also working out of the same address. They are tied in with one another in some way. Kathy's Family also advertises to use natural ingredients in their products. I found out the ingredient list of the bulk products that Tate's are supposedly using in their bottles and the ingredients are far from natural and non toxic, certainly not handpicked by Genoveve Tate in the fields each day! So, I say be very aware of this product if you need to be not using chemical ingredients in shampoos and conditioners. All of Tate's product ingredients are suspect. Check it out for yourself. Google "Tates the Natural Miracle Shampoo complaints" to see what others are saying about the company. The Tate business name is built on lies and deception so none of their products could be trusted to be truly what they say they are. The Council of Better Business Bureaus gives The Tate Family AKA Tates the Natural Miracle Conditioner a rating of F (the lowest you can get) and it has 56 complaints while Kathy's Family also has a rating of F with 40 complaints. Buyer beware, especially if you really need to avoid nasty chemicals at all costs.

Realy nice!

Posted by 4668820683016895295 on May 27, 2013

I have used it as a shampoo and face cleaner it smells nice to.

Top Stuff

Posted by 4819890376018530344 on Sep 26, 2013

This product sure lives upto all the good reviews i saw to want to try it. Surprisingly the shampoo lathers up more than i expected from natural ingredients, Its a little more almondy smelling than i first liked but it sure cleans hair very well and unlike other shampoo's i have tried i use to be left with dry skin around my hair line and eyebrows, i guess its no chemicals which isnt allowing reaction to my skin.

Terrible smell the second time around

Posted by 4712917244973037294 on Oct 23, 2013

The first time I bought this, it smelled nice (like almonds). The second time - I got it from Amazon - it smelled entirely different, and terrible, like some poorly-executed take on baby powder. Really bad. Smell is very important to me when it comes to shampoo, so this was a deal-breaker. Don't know if this was some kind of production error or what. It was definitely a completely different formula the second time. Still stings when it gets in my eyes.

Not worth the money

Posted by Reviewer2607044 on Jan 20, 2014

The shampoo cleans well if you use enough. I can't imagine mixing it with water like it says and it working well. ? When I wash my hair and work it around my scalp it snarls my hair and then when I rinse it out I still have snarly hair. My hair feels like dried out straw at that point, it's as though it strips the hair of natural oils. Then I put the conditioner on and have to work it into all the snarls and try to pull them out with my fingers. Hair is nice when dry and the scent is pleasant but just not worth it. Conditioner does not prevent static either - wow, this is not a winter conditioner. This may work better if you have chlorinated city water - we have softened well water. Bottom line - Very time consuming to use this shampoo and conditioner and not worth the extremely high cost.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »