Best organic cacao (cocoa) powder @ iHerb as of 7-2014

Posted by NutritionArts on Jul 14, 2014

First things first: + non-GMO + best cacao bean variery (criollo) + organic + clearly grown in an extremely rich soil, which can be tasted + good freshness, properly sealed air-tight, light blocking packing The taste is as it should be rich, not too acidic or bitter, but both can be clearly tasted (try 100% forastero variety from another mfg to understand what a low-quality, cheap, bitter cacao bean from Africa tastes like). Why deduct one star? Because it could be even better in terms of taste. The best of the best come from very small producers like Willie's Cacoa (UK), Francois Pralus (FRA) and Amedei of Italy. Other than that, great stuff and the only cacao I buy any more from iHerb (have tried the pure varieties, and of the Arriba Nacional variety, Earth Circle and Wilderness Poets are ok).

Very delicious

Posted by 4949598964717794524 on Oct 16, 2013

Was pretty skeptical when buying this as there wasn't any reviews on it and couldn't find any reviews online too. Bought it anyways, and I LOVE IT! Baked a cacao chocolate cake with it and tasted even better than regular cocoa powder. It has a very deep and mysterious taste to it that adds to the chocolaty goodness. I have it with chia puddings and oatmeal and it tastes so good! Definitely a MUST BUY!

Seemingly quality cacao

Posted by HonestReviewsHere on Oct 27, 2013

I make myself a hot cacao cup with raw honey every morning and evening to wake myself up and get all the health benefits. Also, since cocoa powder and honey are known to protect your skin, it is noticed my skin has much less irritation from laser hair removal since I started drinking these. My only gripe is, package runs out too fast :)

Organic

Posted by odereviews on Oct 27, 2013

Good organic cacao powder. Not much to add. Good price and quality ratio.

YUM

Posted by 4642883398937712217 on Nov 20, 2015

Very tasty, fair trade, raw, organic!!!

Great flavour

Posted by SunnyRose on Oct 15, 2015

This cacao powder has a nice, mild flavour. Good quality.

Quality, tasty raw cacao powder

Posted by jennar on Aug 14, 2015

Have this in my smoothies and tastes great

A bargain!

Posted by 5281757127583522325 on Sep 23, 2014

I bought this when I first wanted to try Cacao but I didn't want to spend a fortune in case I didn't like it. Well I love it! It's great in chia puddings, and energy balls and I often use it in recipes to replace cocoa powder! It has lasted me ages! Using it only here and there, but the zip lock bag means it stays fresh for longer! I will be purchasing this again, especially at such a great price! And you'd be suprised how much 113g is in powder form! A LOT!

This is addictive

Posted by 5759097176645213187 on Mar 24, 2014

Doesnt last long, which is sad. But its the best quality

Good Cacao

Posted by 5282679128533294240 on May 21, 2015

Smells and tastes lovely!

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »