Great alternative to toxic and dangerous astringents and toners, but contains citric acid and may not be suitable for very sensitive and delicate skin.

Posted by Caerulea on May 14, 2014

Unlike other witch hazel toners and astringents, this one is free of alcohol, sulfates, parabens, petroleum, phthalates, PEGs, silicon, propylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, toxic and dangerous chemicals, additives, preservatives, dyes, synthetic and artificial fragrances, never tested on animals, and undistilled, which helps it maintain all the beneficial phenols, tannins and catechins naturally occurring in the leaves and bark of the witch hazel shrub. Another great thing about this product is that the witch hazel extract is certified organic and derived from the bark, not the leaves of the witch hazel shrub, which makes this toner more potent, because witch hazel bark extract is 31 times richer in hamamelitannin than the leaf extract and 87 times richer than the stem extract. Witch hazel is one of the best natural astringents known to man and a powerful antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral, antifungal, analgesic, antispasmodic, cicatrizant, emollient, toning, soothing, and healing agent. Rich in phenols and tannins of the proanthocyanin type, gallic acid, catechins, flavonols, especially kaempferol and quercetin, carvacrol, eugenol, hexenol, choline and saponins, witch hazel does wonders for all skin types. It gently cleanses and detoxifies the skin, protects it from airborne impurities, exfoliates dead skin cells, draws out excess dirt and oil, removes impurities and debris from under the skin without stripping the skin's protective layer, unclogs and tightens pores decreasing their size, regulates sebum production, soothes, tones, firms, smoothes, invigorates, revitalizes, heals, beautifies and rejuvenates the skin, helping restore its elasticity, calms itching, reduces redness and inflammation, improves the complexion, evens out the skin tone, supports and strengthens the skin's defensive mechanisms, improves cellular circulation, stimulates cell renewal, regeneration and collagen production, fights and prevents acne, spots, blemishes, and infections, facilitates the healing of small wounds, sores, burns, bruises, cuts, insect bites, stings, abscesses, boils, blisters, and even reduces stretch marks and scars and helps prevent premature aging. Witch hazel is also great for the scalp and hair: it soothes and heals dry, flaky and itchy scalp, regulates sebum production, removes excess oil, dirt and product buildup without stripping the scalp's protective layer, prevents and treats dandruff and flakiness, fights infections, protects the scalp at the cellular level, strengthens the root bulbs and follicle connection, stimulates keratin production and hair growth. This product contains other beneficial ingredients, too: certified organic aloe vera leaf juice is an amazing soothing and healing agent capable of calming itching, reducing redness and inflammation, vegetable glycerin deeply moisturizes, nourishes and softens the skin locking in moisture and preventing dryness and dehydration, vitamin E (as suming it's non-GMO) is a natural preservative and powerful antioxidant neutralizing free radicals and preventing premature aging. This toner contains citric acid, as well. Citric acid is naturally found in citrus fruits and generally a safe pH adjusting, chelating and buffering agent stimulating skin peeling and cell renewal, but it may be a little too harsh and dehydrating for very dry, delicate and sensitive skin and cause irritation and allergic reactions. So, this alcohol free unscented witch hazel toner with aloe vera is not hypoallergenic and may not be suitable for everyone. But other than that, it's a great product and alternative to mainstream toners and astringents filled with toxic chemicals and skin irritants. It really works for me: it improves my complexion, evens out my skin tone, reduces redness and inflammation. So, if you don't have incredibly sensitive and allergy-prone skin, this product is worth trying.

love it so much!

Posted by 4859711890780848909 on Sep 29, 2013

1st month : I love how unscented it is. Cus most toners usually drive me crazy. Most toners are drying too , but nope not this one, not at all. (It doesn't have alcohol) most alcohol free toner is expensive in my country . Not only is this toner comes in a big bottle it's so affordable too! This toner moisturizes since it has glycerin in it. I'm planning to buy thayers rose petals toner on my next purchase cus rosewater +witch hazel + glycerin toner? Too much of a goodness for our face!!! I feel so happy using it each time. I'm only using it after each makeup cleansing . I don't know if this is the product but I would say my mouth area which used to be darker in the past due to natural pigmentation has fade so much. Its less noticeable! Maybe its this , maybe its not. Can't guarantee though. My spots has also fade like 30% ? I would continue update on this page each month. So please thumbs up on my review. Thanks!!

A rare find that is free of synthetic, toxic or harsh ingredients

Posted by SEEKING-HEALTH on Nov 11, 2014

I did not use any facial toners (due to toxic chemicals present) until God sent me Thayers Facial Toner, which is chemical-free. On Products-With-Reviews page, I have more reviews of other products I have bought and used.

A good toner

Posted by HealthyGuy on Aug 21, 2012

This is a good toner as it's unscented and contains Witch Hazel and Aloe Vera, which are great in soothing irritated and dry skin. Because it's alcohol free it won't dry out your skin. Depending on weather, it's good enough to use as a moisturizer, not having to use additional moisturizer on top.

Thayers Alcohol Free Unscented Witch Hazel

Posted by Reviewer2769561 on May 29, 2011

Love this product. It is gentle enough to use on the most sensative skin and leaves my skin feeling refreshed and clean.....I use this after removing makeup with my regular makeup remover. Will definately purchase again.

amazing!

Posted by Reviewer1382068 on Jun 16, 2011

This lovely product soothes and moisturizes my skin so effectively.Has been my favourite skin care product as it brightens my face while helping take off makeup remains.A very safe toner even for the delicate eye and around lips area.Will definitely go on using it!

Disappointing

Posted by 5617469817942153509 on Nov 19, 2013

I was recommended to use this for replacing Aubrey toner. Its ingredients are natural and seems mild for sensitive skin. But my face feels like 'burning'after using it. don't know why. It's not for me anyway.

Thayers, Alcohol Free Unscented Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera

Posted by Reviewer3297703 on Mar 04, 2011

Good ingredients, moisturizing, cleaning and alcohol free. Great toner!

Smells funky.

Posted by 4612881836783060159 on Oct 28, 2013

I have used the lavender and the rose one. I thought the unscented one would be less irritating. For some how, it is much more irritating on my skin and it even smells disgusting.

Nope.

Posted by 5721723037030502665 on Jul 11, 2014

Made my sensitive skin red. :(