The Tao of Tea, 100% Organic Japanese Powdered Matcha Green Tea, Liquid Jade, 3 oz (85 g)

Reviews 4-star

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »

Better than expected

Posted by drewmastro From Australia on Jun 25, 2013

Hopefully I can solve some of the questions that you may have of this product after reading the reviews. I have been drinking matcha for years and have tried many brands, most of them incredibly expensive. This is not a top quality macha. That is why it doesn't cost over $100. What is the difference? It really is just the colour. This is not brown in colour, as some have described- it is a leafy, mossy green. Premium matcha IS more vibrant in colour but tastes the same. Some reviewers mentioned they weren't able to get a creamy foam on top when whisking- I have been able to on occasion- the water must be at the right temperature- not too hot or cold, however, with a premium product this does work every time. Considering the price and that matcha contains at least 5 times the antioxidants of loose-leaf green tea, I will definitely stop spending so much on this product again. The only difference between this and the more expensive brands is that, as they are greener they would contain more chlorophyll and marginally more antioxidants. If you are smart though (and not wealthy), you would realise that this product is still the wiser choice.

Pleasantly content

Posted by Reviewer1150680 From Finland on Sep 24, 2011

Before this I had had Matcha produced by one other brand which also sold organic Matcha tea but this came from China. The teas feel pretty similar but The Tao of Tea one tastes perhaps slightly better meaning a gentler and not so bitter taste. Obviously, you're not going to like Matcha if you're expecting the usual teabag taste experience here since this is much stronger stuff. The Matcha made by The Tao of Tea is also a bit more affordable for me so the choice was clear. The packaging is also better with a sealable bag that doesn't spread the tea everywhere. I don't think I ever found a recommended serving size but I'm using a teaspoonful/cup. I'm not giving this five stars because I'm not that well-versed in analyzing qualities of Matcha tea but I have no complaints, though obviously the price could be even more affordable in my eyes, but as I understand it's a highly demanded product in Japan and there isn't always that much to sell abroad cheaply.

Strong flavor, easy to dissolve, might disturbe slightly an empty stomach

Posted by Reviewer1399950 From Greece on May 28, 2012

Strong flavor of grass. I add some honey into it, and it tastes much better. It may cause a slight disturbance to an empty stomach. It seems promising as far as the skin tone improvement is concerned. I dissolved the powder successfully by stirring it with the small thin brush, I bought to clean baby bottles. You can find it much easier than the bamboo whisk, in any babies’ store. Of course I use a different brush for the baby bottle..

Delicious, if not smooth

Posted by Reviewer2219495 From Canada on Oct 28, 2011

I really do enjoy this tea, I just wish that it would dissolve a bit better. I always end up with small chunks. I know a lot of people use this in smoothies, which would alleviate the problem, if you're using a blender, but I just like to make tea. Nice flavour, for sure. A great pick-me-up halfway through the day.

Satisfied

Posted by Reviewer2605447 From New Jersey on Dec 06, 2011

I like this tea, easy to make and tastes good. Only complaint is the podwer doesn't dissolve completely even after stirring a lot. There is always a lot left in the bottom of the cup.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »