The Tao of Tea, 100% Organic Japanese Powdered Matcha Green Tea, Liquid Jade, 3 oz (85 g)

Pleasantly content

Posted by Reviewer1150680 on Sep 24, 2011

Before this I had had Matcha produced by one other brand which also sold organic Matcha tea but this came from China. The teas feel pretty similar but The Tao of Tea one tastes perhaps slightly better meaning a gentler and not so bitter taste. Obviously, you're not going to like Matcha if you're expecting the usual teabag taste experience here since this is much stronger stuff. The Matcha made by The Tao of Tea is also a bit more affordable for me so the choice was clear. The packaging is also better with a sealable bag that doesn't spread the tea everywhere. I don't think I ever found a recommended serving size but I'm using a teaspoonful/cup. I'm not giving this five stars because I'm not that well-versed in analyzing qualities of Matcha tea but I have no complaints, though obviously the price could be even more affordable in my eyes, but as I understand it's a highly demanded product in Japan and there isn't always that much to sell abroad cheaply.

not that high quality

Posted by Reviewer1824368 on Jan 25, 2013

I love match tea and have tried several brands over time. I think it is great that this is organic and also a good price compared to other brands; however, you get what you pay for since this is not the best quality matcha out there. In addition, when I received mine the plastic bag was open and the powder was all over the inside can. I wish packaging would be better too.

Strong flavor, easy to dissolve, might disturbe slightly an empty stomach

Posted by Reviewer1399950 on May 28, 2012

Strong flavor of grass. I add some honey into it, and it tastes much better. It may cause a slight disturbance to an empty stomach. It seems promising as far as the skin tone improvement is concerned. I dissolved the powder successfully by stirring it with the small thin brush, I bought to clean baby bottles. You can find it much easier than the bamboo whisk, in any babies’ store. Of course I use a different brush for the baby bottle..

Great buy!

Posted by Reviewer2941841 on Dec 02, 2011

Very expensive but worth the cost. The quality is great (high quality) and the tightly sealed can is a bonus for maitaining freshness. Would purchase again.

Matcha Green Tea

Posted by Reviewer1355475 on Jan 04, 2012

Very good matcha! Light tea with no bitterness. Does not seem to require as much tea for a good cup of tea.