Zinc picolinate is great - but this formulation is inferior

Posted by nicolehargreaves on Oct 04, 2013

Being a tablet rather than a capsule, this product results in slower absorption and the stearic acid reduces absorption quantity too. When we were using this for my daughter's mood problem, we noticed no change. After we switched to Thorne Research Zinc Picolinate there was an immediate improvement, even though she was taking a smaller dose! I wouldn't purchase again, unless I absolutely couldn't afford anything else. Given how much is obviously wasted, others are better value for money.

This is a must have for me

Posted by Reviewer2757601 on Sep 29, 2012

I take zinc mainly to boost my immunity. Doesn't seem to help with my acne. I also take green superfoods a few days a week. My immunity's pretty strong - haven't fallen sick for 1.5 yrs. This zinc supplement is my favorite among all the brands I've tried, and surprisingly, it's also the cheapest. Do wish they come in bigger bottles, as I need to keep replenishing. Will definitely continue buying..

Super!

Posted by Evolema on Aug 15, 2013

You feel that something is changing for the better. Hair grows faster and is regaining it darker color. Skin looks nice.

Good product that works at a great price

Posted by Reviewer1325246 on Jun 18, 2013

I have been using this for a couple of years now, usually taking one a day, and it has brought my plasma zinc levels up, so I know it works.

Highly recommend

Posted by 5083968428010857048 on Jul 08, 2013

This product is so economical and worth taking. I take one a day to help repair my Thyroid function and for increased healing and immunity. I wouldn't be without them.

no nausea

Posted by Reviewer1499622 on May 15, 2012

This is an easily absorbed form of zinc that doesn't make me sick if I take it on an empty stomach. Good product, good value.

Good Value, Great Zinc.

Posted by Reviewer1736992 on May 12, 2009

I have tried various brands of Zinc and haven't noticed much but that isn't the case with this one. It is highly absorb able and pretty easy on the stomach. Combine that with a low price here at Iherb and you have a winner!

Buy it. Its fantastic!

Posted by Reviewer1714757 on Apr 08, 2011

Please Iherb keep offering this zinc product! It works great and won't upset my stomach like all other 3 brands I've tried.

Reasonable price and works well

Posted by Reviewer1737667 on Aug 21, 2010

I find that it I don't take Zinc daily I get canker sores in my mouth. This dosage of 25 mg is about perfect for daily use. Thompson also includes 80 mg of calcium in the tablets since Zinc is better metabolized with it.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer2545542 on Mar 29, 2012

This is good and cheap product. I use this to help my acne.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »