Thorne Research, 5-MTHF, 1 mg, 60 Veggie Caps

Reviews 5-star

Fabulous version of folate

Posted by Reviewer1908266 on Feb 02, 2010

My husband requires a lot of folate for his methylation cycle (and B12, B6, and TMG). He wasn't able to take enough folic acid since apparently he doesn't metabolize it very well, and this 5-MTHF has been a gift. It gets past the conversion blockade by already being the conversion product.

5-MTHF

Posted by Reviewer2637852 on Mar 02, 2011

My 2 sons and myself need this form of folate for the MTHFR gene mutations. It is only a short time but one son has already had great benefits. Allow 3 weeks delivery by air mail to Australia or 1 week by courier.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer2930470 on Jun 05, 2011

I was really glad to find this product. This company uses pure formulas. Great product if you need folate that is already methylated.

Wow - what a difference

Posted by Reviewer2570739 on Aug 08, 2011

I started taking these at 5 a day like my old folic acid 5mg. Wow what a noticeable difference in just a short time. It really is fantastic but I find that I still need quite a high dose to feel the effects - 1-2mg (1-2 tablets) just isn't enough. Great that you can divide them up though throughout the day. Love them!

Need to control the dosage properly.

Posted by BetterHealthSeeker on Nov 12, 2013

I bought 5-MTHF to see if my body needed folate. I have been "sick" for more than 20 years where I have fatigue problem. I had many hypothesis on the cause of my fatigue. One of them was MTHFr defect. I suspected I have undermethylation problem as I compared my symptoms to generally known symptoms. So, when I took 5-MTHF with Methyl-B12 and P-5-P , I felt better for a whole week, but the felt even worse the next week. Yup, overmethylation. So, I cut down the amount to half, and felt better back. But it is not constant and stabil. Still working on for the proper amount and timing. A piece of advice for beginners. Try to take excessively for the first 3 days and if you feel better that means your body need them. You will feel so bad after that, but you can then reduse the amount untill you feel constantly better. Oh, and the delivery service is fabulous.I live in Japan but still I would get the supplements after just 5 days of ordering. Even domestic delivaries would sometimes take 5 days. Thanks a million iHerb.