Reasonable replacement for Isocort

Posted by Reviewer1876628 on Oct 04, 2012

I purchased this because Isocort (used for years) had changed their formulation and the new formula no longer has any adrenal in it. This is a reasonable substitute, but I believe I will try Thorne's Cortine next time.

adrenal gland depletion

Posted by Reviewer1551140 on Jul 17, 2010

This is really good stuff, better than other herbs I take for adrenal gland depletion. I have much more energy & i am defnitely buying this again. Thank you

Useful for adrenal fatigue

Posted by 4782785560337140323 on Apr 07, 2016

i am using these due to adrenal issues. this brand is recommended by STTM. They recommend Adrenal cortex ONLY not whole adrenal tissue.

Didn't make any difference

Posted by 5695869959725496084 on Oct 04, 2016

I have ME/CFS and wanted to try something/anything to see if it could help. But unfortunate it didn't do anything for me. May work very well for others!

Adrenal fatigue no more

Posted by tigercho on Aug 29, 2012

If you are suffering from adrenal fatigue/inadequacy this may as well be your final hope before resorting to corticosteroids. I find this to give me a better concentration/ state of mind and half a capsule is all i need. It even increases my BP to normal!

Best glandular I've tried

Posted by Reviewer1313541 on Mar 30, 2012

Highly recommend this! Thank-you Thorne for helping me get my life back!

Made me violently ill

Posted by Reviewer1238994 on Jul 09, 2015

I love Thorne products generally and had high hopes for this one, but it gave me violent stomach problems within two hours of taking it on an empty stomach. Have since read that adrenal cortex can do this, but there's no warning on the label or on the page. Perhaps this is a rare side effect?

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer2205214 on Oct 16, 2011

When Isocort changed their formula I switched to this. I take one in the morning and one at lunch. It really works well; I know its working because if I miss one, I feel the difference. Very pleased.

Good source

Posted by Reviewer3297358 on Aug 30, 2010

The dose I was on before was for 250 mg of this, but that product has been discontinued, and actually this dose seems to be what I now need. I think I was so depleted that I did need the higher dose for a while, but this is a much better maintenance dose for me, and Thorne is a very trustworthy brand.

ADRENAL CORTEX

Posted by Reviewer2645192 on Nov 28, 2011

I always have succeess with the thorne products. I feel great