Excellent general use B-Complex-NON GMO

Posted by NBPT100 on Aug 09, 2013

This is an excellent B-Complex that is well balanced. I like the fact that they use the Methyl form of B-12 and folic acid. As they explain in their literature, the methyl form is what the body uses and thus a more efficient way to supplement. Some people can't convert to the methyl form making most B-complexes ineffective. For someone who is healthy and just wants to make sure they are getting enough of the complex this is great. For someone with a specific health issue they can use this and supplement with isolated b vitamins like b3, B5, or a sublingual Methyl B12 to get the therapeutic dose they desire. Also, there is a 1 star review written by someone from Australia stating that Thorne uses GMO's in their products. I went on Thorne's website and they take a very strong policy stand against using GMO's. Below is a quote. "Thorne Research, Inc. does not make any products that contain Genetically Modified Organisms (known as GMOs)." They are also partnering with an anti GMO group. Below is another quote. "Thorne Research is partnering with the Non-GMO Project, a non-profit organization that verifies that products are free of GMOs or materials derived from GMOs. The Non-GMO Project has developed a nationally recognized standard that has been developed by industry partners who, like Thorne Research, share the concern about the long-term safety of GMOs." I have no interest in defending Thorne. They are big enough to defend themselves. I just don't like it when someone takes a shot at someone with un- true info. If you like this review, kindly visit my homepage to read more value added reviews. Helpful votes are appreciated. Peace and good health.

I love this B Complex, really helped with my pyrroles and MTHFR management

Posted by grainfreeliving on Jul 22, 2015

Although Thorne does other B's specifically aimed at MTHFR, I have found that I am doing better when I switched to this one. I have the a1298C defective gene and this B really helps. It does not make me feel sick and I can even take it close to bedtime and it does not keep me awake. I range from 1 to 3 a day, depending on my stress levels and I love how I can be in control of my dose according to my needs.

Works great.

Posted by Evolema on Nov 15, 2011

I am vegetarian and have been for 10 years. I have have probably been vitamin b deficient for this time because of nonchalance. Especially in b6 and b12. My tiredness just vanished and I have energy all day long. Bad sleep and hallucinations i use to have during nighttime disappeared. My panic attacks that i use to have disappeared. The maze or foggy consciousness during the day disappeared. This product changed my life.

Nice product

Posted by Reviewer2440087 on Dec 20, 2014

I like this product. My understanding is that the vitamins contained with the product are the more bio-available variants. This Brand is recommended in the book "Drug Muggers:...". I was a bit concerned that some of the vitamins were so much higher than the recommended daily allowances, but having done a bit of reading on that I am happy that the quantities are safe. I'm even more confident that the product is well thought out. Being in Australia, postage can be quite expensive - but that is not the case with iHerb; and the product was delivered very quickly too.

Better form of Vitamin B-6

Posted by Reviewer3245860 on Jan 13, 2015

The only B complex I've found that contains the active form (P-5-P) of vitamin B-6. The cheaper form of B-6 (Pyridoxine HCL) makes me really tired. Also, Thorne supplements do not contain magnesium stearate, a waxy filler often made from cottonseed oil, which I am allergic to.

Bioavailable Ingredients

Posted by 5018346123604819158 on Dec 27, 2013

Threw out my other cheaper B complex in favor of this one, this has the B vitamins in a bio-available form that your body can utilize straight away. I take it on the days I don't eat properly. I've never slept very well, and this may have contributed to me sleeping better at night (if taken in the morning).

best b complex i've found

Posted by HealthyBelliesHappyKids on Apr 29, 2015

This is an excellent B-Complex. I have MTHFR mutation so I like the fact that they use the Methyl form of B-12 and folic acid. The methyl form is what the body uses and thus a more efficient way to supplement even without MTHFR issues.

Excellent quality, the best forms of B vitamins in the right amounts; & no allergens

Posted by vitality on Jan 02, 2014

Very good, balanced combination of B's. Not stimulating or sedating. Well absorbed. Most brands don't use the right forms of B vitamins - they use cheaper forms which are less effective. And many contain too many additives or alcohol sugars (xlitol, mannitol etc).

great brand

Posted by Reviewer1954338 on Nov 14, 2010

I really trust Thorne. This seems to be a great b complex. Although I didn't take it for this reason, I have noticed my hair and nails seem to be growing really well since I started taking this.

Thorne Labs = High Quality, always.

Posted by Sickness-ELIMINATOR on Aug 11, 2013

More Energy, Guaranteed! I decided to start taking a B-complex vitamin after reading about the potential benefits of one - all of the symptoms that can be alleviated by it were symptoms I had, like moodiness, insomnia, low energy, mild depression-type symptoms, decreased concentration and memory, etc. I've had these symptoms for a long time and never could find what the underlying cause was, even with good sleep hygiene, good diet, exercise, etc. I noticed an IMMEDIATE difference in those when I started taking this supplement. I can definitely tell if I miss a dose. I take one tablet first thing in the morning, and I have tons of energy all day long and don't feel completely wiped out after work like I used to. I've never been a "morning person" and have always had a really long lag time before I feel like I'm totally awake...not any more! That's just amazing to me. I don't even really need my morning coffee in the morning! For those of you who don't know about vitamins, Thorne Research is one of the best companies to purchase from! They are more expensive, but their products are pure and they use quality ingredients (including the construction of their delivery system capsule). It is a lot to explain, but this is a great vitamin. Worth every penny. . . . . You can find other products I use on my Page! I use only products that have Scientifically Proven benefits.